Infants – 4 years old
Sunday Morning @ 10:30 am
Hello Bridge Parents,
We want to welcome all the little ones of The Bridge Church to join us each weekend in a fun, safe, nurturing environment where each little one can be introduced to the love of Jesus through the love of our wonderful volunteer staff.
Here, the children have their very own space to play and learn on their level while you experience a much needed time of refreshment and spiritual growth.
Our goal is to greet each child by name as we welcome them each week with smiles and excitement. They will ultimately look forward to coming to their very own class each week.
I would also like to remind you of our fun, exciting, private little ones at The Bridge Church Facebook page. We’d love to make you part of the group so that you can join in on the fun of daily videos, encouraging posts, craft ideas, and much, much more. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386416731560002/
We hope to see your little one very soon!
Jennifer and your “little ones” team
Learn more about our curriculum and what to expect when you bring your Little One!
Find video lessons, songs, and more on our Little Ones Playlist on YouTube!
ADVENTURE ZONE… SUNDAYS @ 10:30 AM
For Kids Kindergarten – 5th Grade
I am so excited that Adventure Zone is re-open at 10:30 am. If you haven’t joined us in person yet, we hope you will soon… We Miss You!
I am also excited about our “Family Table Talk” sheets. This is intended to spark family conversation around the dinner table, or devotion time that focus on spiritual things. A new one will come out each month. Please take advantage of them and let us know how they are working for your family.
Praying for you and your kids.
Blessings to you all!
For His Kids,
Bridge Kids Ministry Director
Friday, February 4 – Saturday, February 5
Greynolds Park in Miami
This is an overnight campout for girls 3rd grade through 8th grade. Moms are welcome to come as chaperones. The camp is held at the Greynolds Park Camp site where we sleep in cabins.
The cost is $20 per girl and $10 for moms. Includes dinner, breakfast, and s’mores around the camp fire! As well as lots of fun activities.
If you plan to ride the bus…
Bus leaves the church at 5:15 pm Friday, February 4th
Bus returns around 1:00 pm Saturday, February 5th
Friday, February 11 – Saturday, February 12
Greynolds Park in Miami
This is an overnight campout for boys 3rd grade through Middle School and their fathers or father figures, sponsored by Awana of The Bridge Church and the Men’s Ministry. The camp is held at the Greynolds Park Camp site where we sleep in cabins.
The cost of $30 per Father/Son/s includes dinner and breakfast and s’mores around the camp fire! As well as lots of fun activities. Due on the day of camp.
If you plan to ride the bus…
Bus leaves the church at 5:00 pm Friday, February 11th
Bus returns around 1:00 pm Saturday, February12th
Bridge Students New Series… “Good Things”
Begins December 26 – January 16
Bridge Middle & High School Students Meet:
Fridays @ 7:00 – 10:00 pm in the Gym
Sundays @ 10:30 am in the Youth Room
About “ATOMIC”… Habits! We all have them, so let’s talk about them. Whether you’ve got good habits (like getting enough sleep or remembering to floss) or bad habits (like biting your nails or checking your phone too often), most of your habits are probably small, tiny, hardly noticeable habits. But over time, those tiny habits can really impact your life, for good or bad. So what about your spiritual habits? What are the small things you do every day that either draw you closer to God or keep you at a distance? In this 4-week series, we’ll discover some principles from Scripture that have the power to help you develop tiny habits that can make a big impact — habits like spending time with God, investing in your relationships, sharing your faith story, and worshiping with your life.
Ignite Parent Workshop
Friday, January 14 @ 7:00 pm
We are excited to host our very own Parent Workshop 2022. We believe parents and guardians are the primary influencers in their student’s life and we are here to help you succeed!
CAMP FUGE for
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Thursday, July 7 – Wednesday, July 13
Ridgecrest Conference Center in Ridgecrest North Carolina
Total Camp Cost: $369
Includes: Camp, Lodging, All Meals, All Activities, Transportation by Chartered Bus, and a Camp T-Shirt
Deposit to Reserve Spot: $75 (nonrefundable) Due by Mon. Jan 31
2nd Payment $98 Due: Tues. March 22
3rd Payment $98 Due: Sun. May 22
Final Payment $98 Due: Wed. June 22
At Centrifuge, students are divided into groups for recreation and Bible study based on age ranges by grade completed. Recreation is facilitated within Bible study groups by a member of our trained FUGE camp staff, who also leads the Bible study. Each activity serves a specific purpose and is debriefed so students can make application in their lives.
Students also participate in Track Times. Track Times are created to give students the opportunity to participate in something with which they are familiar, or try something new! Students are divided into “tracks” based on a list of activities they indicate during the registration process. We offer creative, active, performance, and classroom-based activities during these times, and each track is led by a member of the FUGE staff.
Ridgecrest Conference Center is a 1,300-acre Christian conference center located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina.
LIFEgroups JUST BEGAN AGAIN… via ZOOM
If you haven’t connected with a LIFEgroup yet, now is the perfect time. We all need connection, especially these days. And now it’s easier than ever because you don’t even have to leave your home. Due to COVID and social distancing our facilitators will be hosting LIFEgroups via ZOOM until we are able to physically meet again.
As you will see we have many opportunities listed below for you to chose from. We have opportunities for men and women together… just men… just women… moms… engaged and married couples… and Spanish speakers.
We hope you will take this opportunity to connect and grow with your Bridge family. We believe that life together is always better because we weren’t meant to live life alone!
Thursdays @ 7:00 pm in Person & via Zoom
For Men of All Ages
If you would like to purchase the study guide click here.
“ All of us live in fear of exposure. We don’t want the worst things about us to be known… we posture and wear masks. We establish elaborate facades and hide behind our good deeds. This refusal to be truly known and exposed keeps us stuck in our sin.” – Author David White
Let’s get unstuck together and begin building a “Battleplan” built on God’s grace. There are six sessions in Volume 3: A Man and His Traps:
- Empty Promises
- Battle Plan
- Significance & Comfort
About Authentic Manhood & 33 The Series…
Authentic Manhood is all about setting men up to live lives of truth, passion and purpose. Our resources offer clear and practical Biblical insights on God’s design for manhood that are both refreshing and inspiring. We point men to a gospel-centered vision of life that sets them up to enjoy God’s grace as they pursue the promises of His Word.
Our resources, including the original Men’s Fraternity curriculum created by Dr. Robert Lewis, have influenced millions of men around the world. Our newest resource is “33 The Series.” It is a multi-volume, gospel-centered video series that presents the timeless truths of Authentic Manhood in a powerfully new and engaging way. It includes new insightful teaching, inspiring testimonies, expert interviews and multiple creative features. As a man experiences the different volumes of 33, he will find himself building a vision for Authentic Manhood in his own life that is built on the gospel of Jesus Christ and was modeled by Him in His 33 years on earth.
Volume 1 :: A Man and His Design
Volume 2 :: A Man and His Story
Volume 3 :: A Man and His Traps
Volume 4 :: A Man and His Work
Volume 5 :: A Man and His Marriage
Volume 6 :: A Man and His Fatherhood
Wellness Groups Are Beginning Again
New Cycles Begin on Various Dates in September
All of life is a journey—a journey toward who we truly are, a journey toward who God created us to be.
And life’s journey isn’t an easy one … for any of us. We all hit speed bumps, potholes, breakdowns, and roadblocks. Sometimes we get completely off course or end up on a path that leads to a dead end. And it’s at times like that when we need a bridge.
A bridge can take us over all of the pitfalls and get us back on course. A bridge can span the gap from where we are today and where we could be tomorrow. And a bridge can even lift us up and move us forward in ways that we don’t see until after we’ve gone over the bridge.
You can experience all of that … and even more in the Wellness Groups offered here at The Bridge.
Together, we’re experiencing the healing power of God to lift us up and take us beyond the areas of our lives that are broken or weak. Together, we’re discovering that the truth of Jesus connects to every area of our lives and simply makes life better. Jesus is the living bridge, re-connecting us with God through His sacrificial love, His unending grace, and His abundant life.
Through Him, we can move from where we’ve been to where we were meant to be. Where can it they take you…
Learn More About…
GriefShare Wellness Group… 13 Week Sessions
Tuesday Nights @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
New Cycle Beginning February 8
It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now with so much unrest and uncertainty in our world right now. An then on top of it all, If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. GriefShare will help you face these challenges and start to move toward rebuilding your life!
We hope you will plan to join us. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
Financial Peace University
Thursdays @ 7:00 pm
Beginning February 3
The average family pays off $5,300 in debt and saves $2,700 within the first 90 days!
Approximately 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, regardless of their income. This means that “broke” has become the new normal in our nation. At the end of the month, many individuals simply have nothing left because of debt and expenses. If this is you, I’ve got good news. You are not alone.
You may be sitting there wishing you could get more financial margin in your life. If you’d like to take control of your money, then listen carefully.
As a church, we want to share a practical plan that can help you discover God’s way of handling money. We want to empower you to get on a budget, get out of debt, save for the future, and take control of your money.
Financial Peace University is that plan. This 9-week class taught by money expert Dave Ramsey can change your financial story in a matter of weeks – and your family tree for generations to come.
Life Recovery Group
Thursday Nights @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
Anyone Can Benefit
We believe anyone and everyone can benefit from a Life Recovery experience. We all have struggles in life; struggles with addictions, food, depression, anxiety and relationships to name a few.
Life Recovery is a Biblical approach to the Twelve Steps bringing scriptural principles into personal focus and making them come alive for transformational living.”
Come As You Are
The incredible thing about Christianity is that Jesus does not ask anyone to get their act together before coming to Him—Jesus offers to help us with whatever we’re struggling with. This group can benefit anyone looking for help with addictions, emotional struggles, relational struggles and other life struggles.
We want to be God’s Bridge to you as you take steps toward your personal recovery process. You are not alone. Come check it out.
It’s Finally Here Again… Leading Ladies… In Person!
Saturday, February 5 @ 9:00 am in Adventure Zone
All Ladies Welcome!
Whenever we hear someone say, “whatever” there is usually a shrug of the shoulders that goes along with it and we clearly get the attitude message, “who cares”. It’s a response to anything we don’t like but can’t avoid, indifference or apathy. It’s the verbal shrug of the shoulders.
In Scripture, “whatever” is a term indicating the totality of our commitment to God. “Whatever” appears 173 times in God’s Word and many of the references refer to a wholehearted obedience and being blessed. This study of “whatever” will fill you with confidence in your salvation, allow you to walk confidently in the powerful reality of all that salvation means to you as a faith-filled woman and bring noticeable purpose to your life.
Can’t Wait to See You Saturday!
Not everyone is meant to Foster or Adopt children, however,
here are few additional ways you can Be The Bridge to Foster Families & Children …
- Consider becoming Foster Parents. There is currently a GREAT need for children who have crossed the border.
- Become a His House Children’s Home Volunteer. (Volunteer on site, sponsor an ice cream night, movie night or even a theme park adventure…)
- Sponsor the summer activities, camps & summer classes as summer is an extra expense for foster families.
- Become an Approved Driver to transport children to and from therapies or court-ordered visits.
- Create Welcome Home Packages with new or very gently used clothing and items for placements.
- Donations of Stuffed animals and toys for the Welcome Baskets
- Meal Delivery for the first week of having a child placed in a new home. Home cooked or ordered via Door Dash or the like. There may also be other times in the life of a Foster Family when meals may be helpful.
- In Home or at School Tutoring for students who are struggling various subjects.
- Approved Volunteer Babysitting for monthly parents night out.
- Meal or Date Night Vouchers for Foster Parents.
- Fund to help with items not covered by Medicaid like contacts & eye glasses. (Limit of 2 eye glasses per year)
- Annual Membership Passes (Family) to places like the Zoo, museums, movies, amusement parks, bowling…
- Gift Cards to use for the child’s birthday or child needs
- Housekeeping/ Laundry services for families with multiple children.
- Furniture Donations – Bike Donations.
- Grief Counselors for Foster Parents and their kids.
- Coverage for After School programs and Summer Camps. Also summer camps equipped to deal with children exposed to trauma.
- Respite Care Support to the Foster Parents. (Temporary to give Foster home a break or vacation. Training Required.)
- Pray for our local shelters, group homes and their staff. COVID has done a number on staff in shelters.
- Pick a Foster Family (like the Feliz Family) and pray for them. This is the most important thing you can do!
NEW… Social Media Team Opportunity
Anyone interested in learning more is welcome.
Do you love taking pictures?
Maybe you are a creative writer who loves storytelling.
Do you love The Bridge Church and have a passion to it share with others?
Do you just LOVE social media and consider it a dream come true to do as a ministry?
Yes, you heard correctly! Social Media can be a ministry… and that’s exactly what we are launching here at The Bridge Church. No previous experience needed… just a desire and willingness to learn!
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app?
AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.
Do I need to renew AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile renewals happen twice a year to help keep AmazonSmile on mobile app. AmazonSmile will notify you of these renewals via push notifications and through in-app notifications. If you miss a renewal you can reactivate at any time by repeating the steps to “turn on” AmazonSmile on your mobile device. There is no renewal period for browser shopping on AmazonSmile, which you can use anytime by typing ‘smile.amazon.com’ into your browser.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. AmazonSmile will occasionally contact you about donation amounts disbursed to your chosen charity or about the program.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity on your web browser, simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.” You can also visit AmazonSmile under settings on your Amazon Shopping app and select “Change your Charity.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from over one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If your selected charity does not register to participate, becomes ineligible, or requests to be removed from the program, you will have a chance to select a different charity to receive the accrued donations that have not yet been disbursed to your charity. If you do not select a different charity, the accrued donations will be distributed to other organizations receiving donations.
If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?
Go to org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation?
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted by a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile?
Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Give to The Bridge Church in support of our Emergency Relief Funds
Our Mission Statement here at The Bridge is… “To be God’s bridge to ALL people, a span across the gap of where they are now to where God created them to be”. Our desire is always to be available to love God and love others… teach the Bible… make disciples… and be a true friend. Whenever we see people hurting, we hurt too.
As we are all aware that 2020-2021 have been tough years physically, emotionally, spiritually and financially. By God’s grace and the commitment of our faithful Bridge family, we are still afloat in spite of the fact that we are operating behind budget. Not only have we been able to stay afloat, but we have been able to help other ministries and organizations who have been struggling. We are so blessed!
We want to continue doing this good work… but we can’t do it without your help. That’s why this year, we have decided to dedicate 100% of the donations made on Giving Tuesday to our Emergency Relief Fund.
Your gift will help bring Hope in the midst of disasters and hardships. A tangible reminder that these individuals and ministries are still seen by a loving God. We have the privilege of being His hands and feet here on earth.
Beyond blessing others we bless the Lord when we give of our time, resources, and money to help others. Matthew 25:40-45 says: “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
Will you join us in an act of Radical Generosity Revolution this year? What is Radical Generosity? Take a few minutes to be inspired by Ami Campell’s Story in this TEDx Talk. Catch the vision and then start praying about what the Lord might have you give!
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.