Bridge Church Christmas Outreach 2022
Sunday, November 20 & 27
Adopt a Child in the Church Foyer & Purchase an Unwrapped Gift for that Child
The Bridge Church Outreach Team, in collaboration with Bridge Ministry Leaders, presents A Christmas Celebration. This event is a private Christmas Party for registered children and families of Angel Tree, a Ministry of Prison Fellowship (a ministry to children with an imprisoned parent) & His House Children’s Home (a ministry to children in adoptive and foster care). This private party in their honor will consist of food, music, games, Christmas carols, story time, photo booth, arts & crafts, and a gift for each child.
How You Can Help…
- Adopt a Child by picking up an Angel Tree tag in the church foyer. This tag will identify the child by gender and age range so you can personalize your gift.
- Shop for and drop off your unwrapped $15 – $20 gift in the church foyer by Sunday, November 27th. Please make sure to tape your child’s information on the gift when you drop it off, so we make sure it gets back to your adopted child.
- Give Online… Maybe you don’t have time to shop or just don’t like to shop. You can donate by clicking on the button below and we will shop for you! We are requesting a donation of $20 per child and/or supplemental donations in $10 increments which help towards food, decorations, crafts… Any excess donations will be donated to Angel Tree and His House to help support their ministries. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
- Pray… You can begin praying for these children and families. Not only will they experience a fun Christmas Party, but they will each have the opportunity to meet Jesus and be invited to stay connected with our church family.
Thank you in advance for Being the Bridge to these families this Christmas Season!
About Prison Fellowship Angel Tree…
DELIVER A GIFT, THE GOSPEL, AND LOVE
Angel Tree Christmas™ equips churches and other organizations to restore and strengthen relationships between incarcerated parents and their children and families. Every Christmas, Angel Tree mobilizes local churches and organizations to minister to hundreds of thousands of children by delivering a gift, the Gospel message, and a personal message of love on behalf of their mom or dad behind bars. In addition, many of our partner churches meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of prisoners’ families by enfolding them in the day-to-day life of the church, helping children attend summer camp, and facilitating mentorship.
About His House Children’s Home…
His House Children’s Home is a private non-profit, faith-based organization dedicated to restoring the lives of children from newborn to 18 years of age. For over 31 years, His House has brought stability to the lives of over 20,000 children and remains a frontline provider of residential and foster care services. The organization is licensed by the Department of Children and Families, contracted by Citrus Family Network in Miami Dade and Monroe, and ChildNet in Broward County as a Residential program and child placement agency.
Tuesday, November 29, 2022
Give to The Bridge Church in support of the Missionaries we Support!
Our Mission Statement here at The Bridge is… “To be God’s bridge to ALL people, a span across the gap of where they are now to where God created them to be”. Our desire is always to be available to love God and love others… teach the Bible… make disciples… and share Jesus to the ends of the earth.
So this year, our Giving Tuesday funds are going toward the commitment we have made as a ministry to help support men and women who have dedicated their lives to Missions work. We aren’t all called to travel over seas… learn new languages… live in dangerous lands and reach unreached people groups. But we should support our brothers and sister who are called. Some pray… some give… some go!
What if these missionaries didn’t have to work so hard to raise funds, but could put their energy into reaching men, women, boys and girls with the Good News of Jesus! Well, here is our opportunity to help!
The Bridge Church pledges to give $52,800 per year in support of these missionaries. What if we could raise all of that amount in one day of Giving Tuesday? It may sound impossible, but let’s do our best to get as close as possible.
Will you start praying about how much God might have you give?
Together we can!
Thank you in advance for your sacrifice and support!
LIFEgroups Are Beginning Again…
If you haven’t connected with a LIFEgroup yet, now is the perfect time. We all need connection, especially these days.
As you will see we have many opportunities listed below for you to chose from. We have opportunities for men and women together… just men… just women… moms… engaged and married couples… Spanish speakers… and Prime Timers (50+).
We hope you will take this opportunity to connect and grow with your Bridge family. We believe that life together is always better because we weren’t meant to live life alone!
Wellness Groups Are Beginning Again
New Cycles Begin on Various Dates in February
All of life is a journey—a journey toward who we truly are, a journey toward who God created us to be.
And life’s journey isn’t an easy one … for any of us. We all hit speed bumps, potholes, breakdowns, and roadblocks. Sometimes we get completely off course or end up on a path that leads to a dead end. And it’s at times like that when we need a bridge.
A bridge can take us over all of the pitfalls and get us back on course. A bridge can span the gap from where we are today and where we could be tomorrow. And a bridge can even lift us up and move us forward in ways that we don’t see until after we’ve gone over the bridge.
You can experience all of that … and even more in the Wellness Groups offered here at The Bridge.
Together, we’re experiencing the healing power of God to lift us up and take us beyond the areas of our lives that are broken or weak. Together, we’re discovering that the truth of Jesus connects to every area of our lives and simply makes life better. Jesus is the living bridge, re-connecting us with God through His sacrificial love, His unending grace, and His abundant life.
Through Him, we can move from where we’ve been to where we were meant to be. Where can it they take you…
Learn More About…
MOPS… Mothers of Preschoolers
Meets 2 Fridays a Month Beginning September 9 at 9:30 am
Location… The Bridge Church Little Ones Rooms & Adventure Zone
Childcare is Available… follow the MOPS signs!
THIS YEAR IS FOR THE ONES WHO ARE READY TO COME ALIVE AGAIN
This year is for the ones who are ready to come alive again. So many of us feel a little numb. We’ve each lost something or felt disappointed over the past few years and now we are needing a new way to move forward. We need a fresh start.
Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”
LUKE 5:18-20, NIV
Hi Parents and Kids,
The summer with all it’s camps is over, and now it is time to get ready for AWANA! Awana begins in less than a month (August 31st). I am so excited, and so are all the leaders. Kids need Jesus, other kids, and fun, and that is what Awana gives them. Game time, Bible time, special Theme nights, fun events like Awana Grand Prix and camp outs. You won’t want to miss a minute.
On the first night of Awana we will start with a Pizza Blast and Parent Orientation in the FLC at 7:00 pm. This is an important night because the kids receive their new Awana books, and parents get to meet the leaders and find out more about what the year holds. There will ne NO PAPER registrations on that night, so please register before-hand.
Parents, we always welcome new Awana Leaders. If you would like to become an Awana Leader, there is a sign-up for you too 🙂
Hope to see you all there!
Children’s Ministry Director
The Bridge Church
Infants – 4 years old
Sunday Morning @ 10:30 am
Hello Bridge Parents,
We want to welcome all the little ones of The Bridge Church to join us each weekend in a fun, safe, nurturing environment where each little one can be introduced to the love of Jesus through the love of our wonderful volunteer staff.
Here, the children have their very own space to play and learn on their level while you experience a much needed time of refreshment and spiritual growth.
Our goal is to greet each child by name as we welcome them each week with smiles and excitement. They will ultimately look forward to coming to their very own class each week.
I would also like to remind you of our fun, exciting, private little ones at The Bridge Church Facebook page. We’d love to make you part of the group so that you can join in on the fun of daily videos, encouraging posts, craft ideas, and much, much more. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386416731560002/
We hope to see your little one very soon!
Jennifer and your “little ones” team
Learn more about our curriculum and what to expect when you bring your Little One!
Find video lessons, songs, and more on our Little Ones Playlist on YouTube!
ADVENTURE ZONE… SUNDAYS @ 10:30 AM
For Kids Kindergarten – 5th Grade
I am so excited that Adventure Zone is re-open at 10:30 am. If you haven’t joined us in person yet, we hope you will soon… We Miss You!
I am also excited about our “Family Table Talk” sheets. This is intended to spark family conversation around the dinner table, or devotion time that focus on spiritual things. A new one will come out each month. Please take advantage of them and let us know how they are working for your family.
Praying for you and your kids.
Blessings to you all!
For His Kids,
Bridge Kids Ministry Director
Bridge Students New Series… “Pass It On”
Begins May 8 – May 29
Bridge Middle & High School Students Meet:
Fridays @ 7:00 – 10:00 pm in the Gym
Sundays @ 10:30 am in the Youth Room
About “Pass It On”…
With social media, just about anyone can be an “influencer” with the right content, good timing, and a little bit of luck. Invent a new dance, share a funny take, catch the right moment on camera, and you could get millions of views. Some “influencers” mostly just use their platforms to get free stuff, but once in a while, you find someone who uses their platform to talk about things that actually matter. Obviously they didn’t have social media back in Jesus’ day, but in the Bible, the book of Acts is filled with stories about “influencers” who had important things to say. In this 4-week series, we’ll hear their stories, discover that our lives can pass on the good news, and learn how to pass on the good news to unexpected people, to our families, and with humility.
Not everyone is meant to Foster or Adopt children, however,
here are few additional ways you can Be The Bridge to Foster Families & Children …
- Consider becoming Foster Parents. There is currently a GREAT need for children who have crossed the border.
- Become a His House Children’s Home Volunteer. (Volunteer on site, sponsor an ice cream night, movie night or even a theme park adventure…)
- Sponsor the summer activities, camps & summer classes as summer is an extra expense for foster families.
- Become an Approved Driver to transport children to and from therapies or court-ordered visits.
- Create Welcome Home Packages with new or very gently used clothing and items for placements.
- Donations of Stuffed animals and toys for the Welcome Baskets
- Meal Delivery for the first week of having a child placed in a new home. Home cooked or ordered via Door Dash or the like. There may also be other times in the life of a Foster Family when meals may be helpful.
- In Home or at School Tutoring for students who are struggling various subjects.
- Approved Volunteer Babysitting for monthly parents night out.
- Meal or Date Night Vouchers for Foster Parents.
- Fund to help with items not covered by Medicaid like contacts & eye glasses. (Limit of 2 eye glasses per year)
- Annual Membership Passes (Family) to places like the Zoo, museums, movies, amusement parks, bowling…
- Gift Cards to use for the child’s birthday or child needs
- Housekeeping/ Laundry services for families with multiple children.
- Furniture Donations – Bike Donations.
- Grief Counselors for Foster Parents and their kids.
- Coverage for After School programs and Summer Camps. Also summer camps equipped to deal with children exposed to trauma.
- Respite Care Support to the Foster Parents. (Temporary to give Foster home a break or vacation. Training Required.)
- Pray for our local shelters, group homes and their staff. COVID has done a number on staff in shelters.
- Pick a Foster Family (like the Feliz Family) and pray for them. This is the most important thing you can do!
NEW… Social Media Team Opportunity
Anyone interested in learning more is welcome.
Do you love taking pictures?
Maybe you are a creative writer who loves storytelling.
Do you love The Bridge Church and have a passion to it share with others?
Do you just LOVE social media and consider it a dream come true to do as a ministry?
Yes, you heard correctly! Social Media can be a ministry… and that’s exactly what we are launching here at The Bridge Church. No previous experience needed… just a desire and willingness to learn!
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app?
AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.
Do I need to renew AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile renewals happen twice a year to help keep AmazonSmile on mobile app. AmazonSmile will notify you of these renewals via push notifications and through in-app notifications. If you miss a renewal you can reactivate at any time by repeating the steps to “turn on” AmazonSmile on your mobile device. There is no renewal period for browser shopping on AmazonSmile, which you can use anytime by typing ‘smile.amazon.com’ into your browser.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. AmazonSmile will occasionally contact you about donation amounts disbursed to your chosen charity or about the program.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity on your web browser, simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.” You can also visit AmazonSmile under settings on your Amazon Shopping app and select “Change your Charity.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from over one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If your selected charity does not register to participate, becomes ineligible, or requests to be removed from the program, you will have a chance to select a different charity to receive the accrued donations that have not yet been disbursed to your charity. If you do not select a different charity, the accrued donations will be distributed to other organizations receiving donations.
If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?
Go to org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation?
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted by a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile?
Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.
Love Life Church Wide Prayer Walk… Peaceful Prayer & Worship
Saturday, September 24 @ 9:00 am
20 NW 46th Ave, Plantation, FL 33317
All Ages… All Generations Encouraged to Participate.
When you register please choose… Region: South Florida… Adoption Week: Week 33
“GOD IS USING LOVE LIFE TO AWAKEN THE CHURCH. THIS ISN’T PRO LIFE ACTIVISM IT IS CHRISTIANITY 101. IT IS LOVING OUR NEIGHBOR AS WE LOVE OURSELVES. WHOLE FAMILIES ARE BEING MOVED FROM INSIDE THE FOUR WALLS OF THE CHURCH INTO THE FRONTLINES OF THE MISSION FIELD IN THEIR CITIES.”
Below are the results of our last outreach…
Outreach to the Homeless through Broward Outreach Center
Saturday, August 27, 2022
Thank you Bridge Family for your support! We collected 158+ Hope Bags for the Broward Outreach center to distribute to Homeless people in our community. Sometimes it’s the simple things… like being able to bathe or brush your teeth… that can make all the world of difference and bring hope.
Thank you for helping us bless others.
Thank you also for those who were able to donate your time to help serve meals to the homeless on Saturday. We had a group of 18 adults who served lunch (and made 200 sandwiches to pass out in the community) and a group of 15 students who served dinner.
Here are a few snapshots of our experience…