Pre-Registration is no longer required to attend services at The Bridge!
Our desire is still to provide a safe and meaningful experience for you. Masks are now optional depending on your comfort level and we will continue to sanitize before and after each service.
We hope you will join us on Sundays at 9:00 am or 10:30 am. Both services will remain identical.
We will continue to stream our 10:30 am service on Facebook & YouTube.
Adventure Zone re-opened on Sunday, January 17 @ 10:30 am for Kids 5K – 5th Grade
Nursery & Preschool will open Sunday, July 11 @ 9:00 & 10:30 am
RESOURCES FOR LITTLE ONES & PARENTS
Hello Bridge Parents,
Can you believe it’s June already! We are kicking off this month introducing LOVE to our little ones. God loves the world so much He sent Jesus to be our friend forever. We are going to power up through the next two months with the hope of creating the super fun and engaging experience for your little ones to learn about the fruits of the spirit.
With every new month comes a new memory verse!!! REPEAT! REPEAT! REPEAT some more! And that’s what you need to do with your little ones with this month’s memory verse that comes from Philippians 4:13. It says: “I can do everything by the power of Christ.”
I would also like to remind you of our fun, exciting, private little ones at The Bridge Church Facebook page. We’d love to make you part of the group so that you can join in on the fun of daily videos, encouraging posts, craft ideas, and much, much more. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386416731560002/
We hope to be able to host your little ones again soon, but until then stay connected for important information about our program.
Jennifer and your “little ones” team
Verse Hand Motions
Week 1... Jesus Gives Us the Power to Show Goodness
Week 2... Jesus Gives Us Power to be Faithful
Week 3... Jesus Gives Us the Power to be Gentle
Week 4... Jesus Gives Us the Power to have Self-Control
RESOURCES FOR BRIDGE KIDS & PARENTS
For Kids Kindergarten – 5th Grade
I am so excited that Adventure Zone is re-open. If you haven’t joined us in person yet, we hope you will soon… We Miss You! Because of COVID restrictions, we only have room for about 30 kids, so please make sure that you sign up to avoid being turned away and the kids be disappointed. For those of you who stay home, we are still sending out the lesson via YouTube, but nothing beats being there in person for the kids.
About our New Series – “Blessed”…
This series is all about how God has blessed us in so many ways! We are His beloved children and He loves to bless us. Blessings are good gifts that God gives to us.
The Bible tells us in James 1:17 that “Whatever is good and perfect is a gift coming down to us from God our Father…” .
I am also excited about our “ Family Table Talk” sheets. This is intended to spark family conversation around the dinner table, or devotion time that focus on spiritual things. A new one will come out each month. Please take advantage of them and let us know how they are working for your family.
Praying for you and your kids.
Blessings to you all!
For His Kids,
Bridge Kids Ministry Director
Blessed - Week 1
Blessed - Week 2
Blessed - Week 3
Blessed - Week 4
Blessed - Week 5
WE’RE BACK… MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL… Every Sunday @ 10:30 am in the Youth Room
We are so excited to be meeting again on Sundays. We hope will plan to join us!
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL… Every Friday @ 7:00 pm
Please watch this page for updates on Student Opportunities.
Friday, July 23 @ 7:00 pm… Tonight we will support the kids & teen ministry partners of Music & Drama Camp as they perform the musical they learned and produced in just one week!
Each Friday Night will look different… sometimes we will have a devotional… sometimes we will have worship… sometimes we will just hang out… but, you have to be here to know what’s going on.
It’s really important to have these check-in opportunities and stay connected. One of Satan’s go to tools is isolation, don’t be a victim. Fight back on Friday nights with us.
CAMP WAS AMAZING… Check our video with some highlights!
FUGE CAMP IGNITE STUDENTS… 7th – 12th Grade
Saturday, July 3 – Friday, July 9
Camp Cost: $320… Deposit to Reserve Spot: $60 (non-refundable)
Ridgecrest Conference Center in Ridgecrest North Carolina
At Centrifuge, students are divided into groups for recreation and Bible study based on age ranges by grade completed. Recreation is facilitated within Bible study groups by a member of our trained FUGE camp staff, who also leads the Bible study. Each activity serves a specific purpose and is debriefed so students can make application in their lives.
Students also participate in Track Times. Track Times are created to give students the opportunity to participate in something with which they are familiar, or try something new! Students are divided into “tracks” based on a list of activities they indicate during the registration process. We offer creative, active, performance, and classroom-based activities during these times, and each track is led by a member of the FUGE staff.
Ridgecrest Conference Center is a 1,300-acre Christian conference center located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina.
Self Care Saturday
TBA @ 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Registration & Masks Required… Bring a Mat!
Located on the Back Field here at The Bridge
This April “ILLUMINATE” will bring back our highly requested “Young Adult Workout” event for young Adults. Please make sure you join us and tell a friend. We will have a fruit shake bar with other healthy snacks.
When you surround yourself with like-minded Christians who want to manifest their dreams into reality and grow in their faith, you feel different inside, it just does something to you. The feeling is priceless.
You don’t want to miss out on healthy food, exercise, and good vibes!! Special health coach will be available. Why wait?? It will definitely be a time you don’t want to miss with a healthy twist.
Oh I forgot to mention it’s… FREE FREE FREE FREE..
Illuminate Young Adults
Thursday Night Chill & Bible Study
Thursdays @ 7:00 pm
About Thursday Nights:
We are passionate, as a group, to Illuminate our city for Christ! Revelation 21:23 says: “The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp.”
We are a family who Love Jesus and Love Others. All singles are welcome here. On Thursday nights we chill together… we sing praise & worship songs… we study the bible… it’s a beautiful time you can’t explain, you just have to come experience it.
We hope you will check it out!
LIFEgroups JUST BEGAN AGAIN… via ZOOM
If you haven’t connected with a LIFEgroup yet, now is the perfect time. We all need connection, especially these days. And now it’s easier than ever because you don’t even have to leave your home. Due to COVID and social distancing our facilitators will be hosting LIFEgroups via ZOOM until we are able to physically meet again.
As you will see we have many opportunities listed below for you to chose from. We have opportunities for men and women together… just men… just women… moms… engaged and married couples… and Spanish speakers.
We hope you will take this opportunity to connect and grow with your Bridge family. We believe that life together is always better because we weren’t meant to live life alone!
Begins Thursday, May 6 @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
For All Men Married & Single
If you haven’t joined us on Zoom before register at:
If you would like to purchase the study guide click here.
Men are being told LIES about what it means to be a man – and it’s literally killing us. We’re exhausted from the constant pressure, loneliness and feeling like we never measure up. Could there be a better way?
We’re here to help you discover a healthy vision for manhood and a community where you can be yourself. 33 The Series is a video series that helps men discover a healthy vision for manhood and become who they’re created to be.
There are 6 Volumes in this Series. We are going to begin with Volume 5 :: A Man and His Marriage. We encourage all men to join us whether you are married or not. Maybe even better if you haven’t been married yet so you can glean from the wisdom of this series before you have the opportunity to make mistakes those who have gone before you have made.
True understanding and a clear vision can change everything!
About Authentic Manhood & 33 The Series…
Authentic Manhood is all about setting men up to live lives of truth, passion and purpose. Our resources offer clear and practical Biblical insights on God’s design for manhood that are both refreshing and inspiring. We point men to a gospel-centered vision of life that sets them up to enjoy God’s grace as they pursue the promises of His Word.
Our resources, including the original Men’s Fraternity curriculum created by Dr. Robert Lewis, have influenced millions of men around the world. Our newest resource is “33 The Series.” It is a multi-volume, gospel-centered video series that presents the timeless truths of Authentic Manhood in a powerfully new and engaging way. It includes new insightful teaching, inspiring testimonies, expert interviews and multiple creative features. As a man experiences the different volumes of 33, he will find himself building a vision for Authentic Manhood in his own life that is built on the gospel of Jesus Christ and was modeled by Him in His 33 years on earth.
Volume 1 :: A Man and His Design
Volume 2 :: A Man and His Story
Volume 3 :: A Man and His Traps
Volume 4 :: A Man and His Work
Volume 5 :: A Man and His Marriage
Volume 6 :: A Man and His Fatherhood
GriefShare Wellness Group… 13 Week Sessions
Tuesday Nights @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
New Cycle Beginning June 1
It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now with so much unrest and uncertainty in our world right now. An then on top of it all, If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. GriefShare will help you face these challenges and start to move toward rebuilding your life!
We hope you will plan to join us. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
Not everyone is meant to Foster or Adopt children, however,
here are few additional ways you can Be The Bridge to Foster Families & Children …
- Consider becoming Foster Parents. There is currently a GREAT need for children who have crossed the border.
- Become a His House Children’s Home Volunteer. (Volunteer on site, sponsor an ice cream night, movie night or even a theme park adventure…)
- Sponsor the summer activities, camps & summer classes as summer is an extra expense for foster families.
- Become an Approved Driver to transport children to and from therapies or court-ordered visits.
- Create Welcome Home Packages with new or very gently used clothing and items for placements.
- Donations of Stuffed animals and toys for the Welcome Baskets
- Meal Delivery for the first week of having a child placed in a new home. Home cooked or ordered via Door Dash or the like. There may also be other times in the life of a Foster Family when meals may be helpful.
- In Home or at School Tutoring for students who are struggling various subjects.
- Approved Volunteer Babysitting for monthly parents night out.
- Meal or Date Night Vouchers for Foster Parents.
- Fund to help with items not covered by Medicaid like contacts & eye glasses. (Limit of 2 eye glasses per year)
- Annual Membership Passes (Family) to places like the Zoo, museums, movies, amusement parks, bowling…
- Gift Cards to use for the child’s birthday or child needs
- Housekeeping/ Laundry services for families with multiple children.
- Furniture Donations – Bike Donations.
- Grief Counselors for Foster Parents and their kids.
- Coverage for After School programs and Summer Camps. Also summer camps equipped to deal with children exposed to trauma.
- Respite Care Support to the Foster Parents. (Temporary to give Foster home a break or vacation. Training Required.)
- Pray for our local shelters, group homes and their staff. COVID has done a number on staff in shelters.
- Pick a Foster Family (like the Feliz Family) and pray for them. This is the most important thing you can do!
NEW… Social Media Team Opportunity
Anyone interested in learning more is welcome.
Do you love taking pictures?
Maybe you are a creative writer who loves storytelling.
Do you love The Bridge Church and have a passion to it share with others?
Do you just LOVE social media and consider it a dream come true to do as a ministry?
Yes, you heard correctly! Social Media can be a ministry… and that’s exactly what we are launching here at The Bridge Church. No previous experience needed… just a desire and willingness to learn!
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app?
AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.
Do I need to renew AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile renewals happen twice a year to help keep AmazonSmile on mobile app. AmazonSmile will notify you of these renewals via push notifications and through in-app notifications. If you miss a renewal you can reactivate at any time by repeating the steps to “turn on” AmazonSmile on your mobile device. There is no renewal period for browser shopping on AmazonSmile, which you can use anytime by typing ‘smile.amazon.com’ into your browser.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. AmazonSmile will occasionally contact you about donation amounts disbursed to your chosen charity or about the program.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity on your web browser, simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.” You can also visit AmazonSmile under settings on your Amazon Shopping app and select “Change your Charity.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from over one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If your selected charity does not register to participate, becomes ineligible, or requests to be removed from the program, you will have a chance to select a different charity to receive the accrued donations that have not yet been disbursed to your charity. If you do not select a different charity, the accrued donations will be distributed to other organizations receiving donations.
If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?
Go to org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation?
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted by a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile?
Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Habitat for Humanity Outreach… Opportunity to Be the Bridge to Broward
Saturday, June 5 or Saturday, June 12
Registration Required due to limited spots available each day. (10) First come first serve.
Transportation is not available for this outreach.
The Bridge Church is partnering with Habitat for Humanity to provide volunteers to help build and/or repair homes for families in need.
Who: The Bridge Church Adults and youth ages 16 and older. *Masks & sturdy, closed-toe shoes are required. Bridge Church Volunteer T-Shirt will be provided for volunteers. Dress comfortably in clothes you won’t mind getting dirty. All skill levels are welcome and prior construction experience is NOT necessary. Instruction will be provided.
What: The Bridge Church, Outreach Team Volunteer Service Event with Habitat for Humanity to Build and/or Repair Homes
Where: Rick Case Habitat Community: 1400 NW 6th Avenue, Pompano Beach 33060 (address to the Coin Laundry directly across the street from the site entrance).
When: 7:15AM – 12:30PM, Saturday, June 5, 2021 or Saturday, June 12, 2021 (choose one date). *Snacks & water will be provided during break.
About Habitat for Humanity…
“Since our beginning in 1976, Habitat has been built on a foundation of faith. Our mission is to build safe, affordable housing with people in the United States and around the world, and that comes from a desire to put God’s love into action. We are God’s hands and feet, here to serve others and show them His love. The tangible experiences that Habitat provides allow you to engage those around you, live your faith and offer a unique opportunity to love your neighbor.”.
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10 NKJV
Map to Habitat Location
June 5th Build Day Info
June 12th Build Day Info
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.