LEADING LADIES SEMINAR
Saturday, February 23 @ 9:00 am in Adventure Zone
Leading Ladies Live Life Intentionally!
Today’s Christian woman is so busy handling the challenges of day-to-day life that the everyday activities and roles can sometimes leave us exhausted and overwhelmed. But those challenges can also be transformed into moments of growth and nourishment.
Leading ladies is designed to help women make everyday life fuller, richer and deeper. The sessions will introduce you to spiritual practices that will enable every woman to focus on discovering the heart of God and offer tools to renew and reinvigorate every area of daily life. God gives meaning to our lives, purpose to everything we do, and energy to thrive.
This Year’s Theme for Leading Ladies is… B.I.G. which stands for, “Because I’m God”.
Together we will discover that God is trustworthy…
We can follow Him one day at a time…
We can follow Him even when He doesn’t reveal all the details…
because we have a B.I.G. God!
We hope you will join us!
Saturday, March 9 @ 7:00 am – 12:00 pm in the Front Parking Lot
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER CAMP 2019 – for Upcoming Freshmen – Graduating Seniors
This year our High School Ignite Students (ages 14-18) will be attending:
FUGE Camp in Ridgecrest, North Carolina
Monday, July 15th – Friday, July 19th
Cost: $317 per student
$60 Deposit Due at Registration to Reserve Spot
Registration Deadline: February 25
$257 Balance Due by: June 16
Each student is required to pay a deposit of $60.00 by February 25, 2019 to reserve their spot. Please be advised that deposits are non-refundable and required in order to secure your child’s spot. Registration is open and can be completed on the “Upcoming Events” page of our website… Click here to Register for Fuge Camp!
TIARAS GIRLS CONFERENCE 2019
Saturday, March 9 @ 2:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Location: Global Church in Miami
Cost: No Cost
Free Teen Conference for Middle, High School & College, designed with girls in mind! The mission of Tiaras is to paint a picture of God’s perfect love to every teenage girl we encounter. Our desire is to Re-Write the statistics of teen pregnancy, promiscuity and suicide. Through a revealing, the Arts & Music, and relevant message based on 1st Corinthians 13, our desire is to let every teen girl know their completion comes from God alone and that they are Daughters of a King.
LOL (Love Out Loud)
Tuesday, March 26 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
As a Service Activity we will be offering a FREE Car Wash to the Prime Timers of our Church! Community Service Hours Available.
CB SMITH WATER PARK
Friday, March 29 @ 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
Spring Break Fun! $12 per person… lunch included!
Limited Spots Available… so Register Early!
Middle School Camp 2019 – Ages 12-13 – Entering or In Middle School
Middle School Students will be going back to:
Camp Horizon in Leesburg, Florida
Sunday, June 23rd – Saturday, June 29th
Cost: $300 per student (The Bridge Church $45 discount available)
$45 deposit due at Registration to reserve spot
Balance due by the first day of camp
First come first serve!
Spots are limited and once spots are filled up registration will be closed. Students must pay deposit of $45.00, towards 300$ camp cost, when registering. Please be sure use the discount Code “The Bridge Church” to save $45.00 and bring the total camp cost down to $255.00.
Summer Camp can be a lifechanging experience in the life of a young person.
However, summer camp can also be costly for a family and an impossibility for some.
If you would like to help off-set this cost for a child or sponsor a child altogether
your donation will be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance for even considering this opportunity!
FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY with DAVE RAMSEY
Thursdays Beginning February 7 @ 7:00 pm in the Living Room
Discounted Rate: $50 per registration (a couple = 1 Registration)
The average family pays off $5,300 in debt and saves $2,700 within the first 90 days!
Approximately 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, regardless of their income. This means that “broke” has become the new normal in our nation.
At the end of the month, many individuals simply have nothing left because of debt and expenses. If this is you, I’ve got good news. You are not alone.
You may be sitting there wishing you could get more financial margin in your life. If you’d like to take control of your money, then listen carefully.
As a church, we want to share a practical plan that can help you discover God’s way of handling money. We want to empower you to get on a budget, get out of debt, save for the future, and take control of your money.
Financial Peace University is that plan. This 9-week class taught by money expert Dave Ramsey can change your financial story in a matter of weeks – and your family tree for generations to come.
LADIES MORNING LIFEgroup…
Wednesdays Beginning February 6 @ 9:30 am in Adventure Zone – Nursery Available
About This Study…. What is the deep cry of your heart? That ache in your soul that keeps you up at night? The prayer you keep repeating? Jesus not only cares about this deep, spiritual wrestling, but He also wants to step in and see you through it.
Join Lysa TerKeurst on the streets of Israel to explore the seven I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John. Through this interactive, in-depth study, you will learn to:
- Trade feelings of emptiness and depletion for a more personal fulfillment from knowing who Jesus is.
- Stop living like a slave to your circumstances by training your heart to embrace the life-giving freedom God wants for you.
- Gain a better understanding of how Jesus’ words 2,000 years ago are so very applicable to the answers we are searching for today.
We hope you will plan to join us!
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Haiti Trip… December 7 – 14, 2018
Austria… May 1 – 10, 2019
Ecuador… July 11 – 19, 2018
South Africa Trip… October 2019
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Millions of Christians around the world are persecuted for their faith daily. From Pakistan to Kazakhstan, Nigeria to North Korea, Christians routinely face discrimination, harassment, violence and even death for their faith in Jesus. Their suffering is unimaginable.
The Bible in Hebrews 13:3 command Christians to pray for those suffering as if they themselves were suffering. In other words, the Bible calls us to not only remember those who suffer but also to identify with them in their suffering. In keeping with this scriptural command, the International Days of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (IDOP) has united millions of Christians in prayer for the suffering Body of Christ around the world. After all, as the Bible says: If one suffers, we all suffer.
Over the years, the IDOP has served as a platform to highlight the stories of persecuted Christians and mobilise the global Church to respond to their plight. Moreover, in so doing, the IDOP has also been a source of solidarity and encouragement to persecuted Christians by reminding them that they are part of a larger, global family of believers.
We believe that God uses the prayers of his people to strengthen and deliver suffering saints. However, in order to pray for these suffering brothers and sisters, we must first listen to their stories. In other words, we must hear their cry.
We invite you, therefore, to join us this year on 4th and 11th November as we unite globally to pray for the persecuted. Let’s pray that in spite of the pressure and persecution, our suffering brothers and sisters –where ever they may be in the world — would stand firm in their faith, hold fast to the promises of God, and live victoriously in Christ.
World Evangelical Alliance, Religious Liberty Commission (WEA RLC)
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
The Amazing Journey of a Simple Shoebox Gift begins with You and Results in Evangelism, Discipleship, and Multiplication!
Now – Sunday, November 11, you will have the opportunity to fill a shoebox for a little boy or girl with a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies… donate $9 online for shipping and “follow your box”.
Printed shoeboxes may be picked up in the Church Foyer on Sundays while supplies last. However, you are welcome to use any shoebox or plastic shoebox bin.
Once your shoebox is complete, drop it off in the Church Foyer any Sunday Morning or Wednesday Evening before Sunday, November 11.
New This Year! If you are unable to build a complete box, please consider donating individual items we can use to complete boxes that are not full. We want to make sure each child receives a really well stocked box and you can help us do that! Thank you in advance!
If you are interested in being part of the OCC Team, please click on the button below! You can help us:
- 1. Man the table in the Foyer… receive boxes, help answer questions, help store the boxes after the 12:00 service…
- 2. Join our Box Sorting & Loading party on Sunday November 11… We have to inspect every box and prepare them for the processing center. We will also load the trailer so it’s ready for delivery on the following Wednesday.
Good News Club for Elementary Students of Somerset Academy 1st – 5th Grade
Begins Thursday, October 25, 2018 after school in Adventure Zone
Good News Club is where your children will learn about the love of God and just how special they are to Him. It is run by volunteers who love kids and are carefully screened and trained. Parental permission is a must. We cannot accept any children who have not been signed up by a parent/guardian.
Hope you will join us!
1st – 2nd grade
After school – 4:00 pm
Meet in Adventure Zone… Pick up from Living Room
(Living Room Entrance is by the playground.)
3rd – 5th grade
After school – 4:30 pm
in Adventure Zone next to the school office.
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.