- Sunday Service Registration
- Bridge little ones
- Bridge Kids
- Bridge Students
- Illuminate Young Adults
- Bridge Men's Online Bible Study
- Feeding South Florida Outreach
- NEW! Life Recovery Group
- A Call to Prayer
- Amazon Smile
- Missions Trip Support
- Hurrican Season Preparedness Guide - Pre & Post Storm
Pre-Registration Required Each Week
Our desire is to provide a safe and meaningful “Touchless” experience for you!
Adventure Zone re-opened on Sunday, January 17 @ 10:30 am for Kids 5K – 5th Grade… Registration & Masks Required!
Learn More About Our Current COVID Standards...
- Service Times… Currently we are offering 2 Identical Sunday Services featuring the Contemporary Style of Worship. 9:00 am and 10:30 am.
- Pre-Register… Due to social distancing regulations, all attendees will need to Pre-Register Each Week for the Sunday Service they wish to attend so that we do not have to turn anyone away at the door if when we reach maximum capacity.
- Registration… will open each week on Monday and close on Thursday at midnight. We must close registration on Thursday. Once a service has reached capacity on the registration form, that service will close and you will have to choose another time or try again next week.
- Streaming… We will continue to stream our service at 10:30 am each week on Facebook and YouTube.
- Nursery & Preschool Opportunities… We are NOT able to offer Nursery or Preschool opportunities on campus at this time. However, if you do choose to bring your children with you, Mrs. Jennifer will have activity packets available at check-in for you to pick-up and take into the service with you. Please also visit the additional tabs here on the Upcoming Events page to find specially produced lesson videos for the little ones and Bridge Kids!
- Adventure Zone… for kids ages 5K – 5th grade re-opened on Sunday, January 17 during the 10:30 am service only. Limited space available. Registration, social distancing, temperature check and masks will be required to attend.
- Youth Service… will NOT be offered on Sunday. However, our youth do still meet on Zoom some Friday nights and in person twice a month. Watch our Bridge Students tab on this Upcoming Events page for updates.
- Check-In… Please plan to arrive on campus approximately 15 minutes prior to the start of service. Please make sure to Check-in at one of the Booths on patio before you enter the building.
- Social Distancing… When choosing seats in the Auditorium, please make sure to practice social distancing. There should be 4 chairs between your party and the next party in your row. Ushers will be available if you need assistance.
- Restrooms… Please use the restroom before you come. Restrooms will be available for emergencies. However, it is our goal to limit restroom use.
- When the service is over… as much as we would love to visit with you, we are going to have to request you exit so that we have time to sanitize and prepare to check-in the next service.
While these processes may feel very unnatural from how we normally experience services here at The Bridge, it is important that we comply for the comfort and safety of everyone involved! Remember, this is temporary and we do not expect it to last forever!
RESOURCES FOR LITTLE ONES & PARENTS
Dear Bridge Parents,
February is the “LOVE” month and so this is a perfect time to teach preschoolers how much Jesus loves them! And how much does Jesus love preschoolers? The same He loves you and me… A LOT!!!! In fact, there is nothing higher, or longer, or deeper, or wider than the Love Jesus has for us. It’s a perfect Love!
This month our goal is for preschoolers to know that Jesus loves them and nothing will ever change that.
Week 1: Jesus and the Children – Luke 18:15-16
Week 2: Mary and Martha – Luke 10:38-42
Week 3: The Centurion – Matthew 8:5-13
Week 4: The Thankful Woman – Luke 7:36-50
If you would like receive this month’s craft packet to go along with our lesson videos, you may sign up to receive them by mail by filling out the form on the link provided. https://gobridgechurch.ccbchurch.com/goto/forms/466/responses/new
I would also like to remind you of our fun, exciting, private little ones at The Bridge Church Facebook page. We’d love to make you part of the group so that you can join in on the fun of daily videos, encouraging posts, craft ideas, and much, much more. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386416731560002/
We hope to be able to host your little ones again soon, but until then stay connected for important information about our program.
Jennifer and your “little ones” team
Check out this month’s Verse Hand Motion Video:
Check out this month’s Worship Video so your little ones can start their day by getting the wiggles out.
Overview Video for Parents… This month’s theme is “Love Bugs”
Week 1… Jesus and the Children – Luke 18:15-16
Week 2… Jesus want to spend time with Mary and Martha – Luke 10:38-42
Week 3… A soldier asks Jesus for help, and Jesus miraculously helps him. – Matthew 8:5-13
Week 4… A woman shows her thankfulness to Jesus for forgiving her and loving her no matter what. Luke 7:36-50
RESOURCES FOR BRIDGE KIDS & PARENTS
For Kids Kindergarten – 5th Grade
I am so excited that the day has finally come to re-open Adventure Zone. Because of COVID restrictions, we only have room for about 30 kids, so please make sure that you sign up to avoid being turned away and the kids be disappointed. For those of you who stay home, we are still sending out the lesson via YouTube, but nothing beats being there in person for the kids.
I am also excited to introduce our “ Family Table Talk” sheets. This is intended to spark family conversation around the dinner table, or devotion time that focus on spiritual things. A new one will come out each month. Please take advantage of them and let us know how they are working for your family.
Praying for you and your kids.
Blessings to you all!
For His Kids,
Bridge Kids Ministry Director
Battle Zone... Week 1
Battle Zone... Week 2
Battle Zone... Week 3
Battle Zone... Week 4
Battle Zone... Week 5
Battle Zone... Week 6
Battle Zone... Week 7
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL FRIDAY NIGHTS LIVE… Twice a Month @ 7:00 pm
Please watch this page for updates on Student Opportunities.
Friday, March 5 @ 7:00 pm live and in person – Guest Speaker – Gus Cabrera
Friday, March 12 @ 7:00 pm join us on Zoom… Log In: 989 230 6213
We love our Friday Nights LIVE & IN PERSON! Each Friday will look different… sometime we will zoom, sometime we will have a devotional, sometimes we will have worship, sometimes we will just hang out… but we ALWAYS bring FRIDAY NIGHT FIRE! Don’t miss out!
Registration, social distancing and masks required!
Follow Bridge Students on Social Media…
Zoom Log In: 989 230 6213
SUMMER YOUTH CAMP
FUGE CAMP IGNITE STUDENTS… 7th – 12th Grade
Saturday, July 3 – Friday, July 9
Camp Cost: $320… Deposit to Reserve Spot: $60 (non-refundable)
Ridgecrest Conference Center in Ridgecrest North Carolina
At Centrifuge, students are divided into groups for recreation and Bible study based on age ranges by grade completed. Recreation is facilitated within Bible study groups by a member of our trained FUGE camp staff, who also leads the Bible study. Each activity serves a specific purpose and is debriefed so students can make application in their lives.
Students also participate in Track Times. Track Times are created to give students the opportunity to participate in something with which they are familiar, or try something new! Students are divided into “tracks” based on a list of activities they indicate during the registration process. We offer creative, active, performance, and classroom-based activities during these times, and each track is led by a member of the FUGE staff.
Ridgecrest Conference Center is a 1,300-acre Christian conference center located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina.
MIDDLE SCHOOL WEDNESDAYS - AWANA
AWANA CLUBS… for Middle School
Wednesdays @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
Zoom link will be provided after registration.
Awana is an International Program for kids ages 3 – 8th grade that helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ.
Although the start of this year will look a little different, we are going to make the best of this situation we find ourselves in and find new ways to connect, have fun and disciple! We hope your kids will join us!
NEW Young Adults Book Study
“7 Myths about Singleness” by Sam Allberry
Begins Thursday, February 4 @ 8:00 pm via Zoom
About the Study:
While singleness is often widely misunderstood by many in the church today and often viewed in negative terms, the Bible speaks about it very differently.
This book sets forth a positive vision of singleness by responding to 7 common misconceptions, such as the notion that singleness is too hard, requires a special spiritual gift, is a hindrance to ministry, or is a waste of sexuality.
Addressed to the church as a whole and written by single pastor, Sam Allberry, 7 Myths about Singleness will help readers better understand, support, and empower the singles around them to contribute to the flourishing of the church as a whole.
Saturday, February 27 @ 9:00 am
on the Back Field of The Bridge Church
Don’t forget to bring a Mat
Registration, Masks & Social Distancing Required.
This February “ILLUMINATE” will launch a workout event for young Adults. We hope you will join us and tell a friend… you don’t want to miss the fruit shake bar with other healthy snacks.
When you surround yourself with like-minded Christians who want to manifest their dreams into reality and grow in their faith, you feel different inside, it just does something to you. The feeling is priceless.
You don’t want to miss out on healthy food, exercise, and good vibes!! Special health coach will be available. Why wait?? It will definitely be a time you don’t want to miss with a healthy twist.
Oh I forgot to mention it’s… FREE FREE FREE FREE..
BE ADVISED… SPACE IS LIMITED…
LIFEgroups JUST BEGAN AGAIN… via ZOOM
If you haven’t connected with a LIFEgroup yet, now is the perfect time. We all need connection, especially these days. And now it’s easier than ever because you don’t even have to leave your home. Due to COVID and social distancing our facilitators will be hosting LIFEgroups via ZOOM until we are able to physically meet again.
As you will see we have many opportunities listed below for you to chose from. We have opportunities for men and women together… just men… just women… moms… engaged and married couples… and Spanish speakers.
We hope you will take this opportunity to connect and grow with your Bridge family. We believe that life together is always better because we weren’t meant to live life alone!
MEN’S ONLINE STUDY via ZOOM
New Study Begins Thursday, February 11, 2021 @ 7:00 pm
Must pre-register at the link below to view on your mobile device or computer
About the Study…
God is love. Crazy, relentless, all-powerful love. Have you ever wondered if we’re missing it?
It’s crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe—the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor—loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss. Whether you’ve verbalized it yet or not, we all know something’s wrong.
Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn’t working harder at a list of do’s and don’ts—it’s falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same. Because when you’re wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.
Learn more about Crazy Love at www.crazylovebook.com.
See you soon.. INVITE A FRIEND!!!
Feeding South Florida Bridge to Broward Outreach… Food Sorting Event
Saturday, February 27 – 2 Shifts Available (8:30-11:30 am or 1:30-4:30 pm)
Located at the Feeding South Florida Main Warehouse in Pembroke Park, FL
Open to Bridge Adults and Youth ages 12+ (youth ages 12-15 must be accompanied by an adult)
Registration, Masks & Closed-toe shoes are required.
NOTE: Registration closes on Wednesday, February 17. Each shift can only accommodate 15 volunteers. Volunteers should arrive 15-30 minutes prior to their shift to attend orientation. More details are provided with Registration. The Bridge will not be able to provide transportation to the facility.
Feeding South Florida (FSF) is the leading domestic hunger-relief organization in South Florida serving 25% of the state’s food insecure population. FSF provides more than 119 million pounds of food (99 million meals) each year. Food must be inspected and sorted before distribution to non-profit agency partners and local organizations that supply food to families in need. The Bridge Church is partnering to provide volunteers needed to assist FSF with the food sorting process.
“Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.” Galatians 6:10 NKJV
GriefShare Wellness Group… 13 Week Sessions
Tuesday Nights @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
New Cycle Beginning February 2
It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now with so much unrest and uncertainty in our world right now. An then on top of it all, If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. GriefShare will help you face these challenges and start to move toward rebuilding your life!
We hope you will plan to join us. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
We believe everyone can benefit from a Life Recovery experience. We all have struggles in life; struggles with addictions, food, depression, anxiety, and relationships to name a few.
Life Recovery is a Biblical approach to the Twelve Steps bringing scriptural principles into personal focus and making them come alive for transformational living. The incredible thing about Christianity is that Jesus does not ask anyone to get their act together before coming to Him—Jesus offers to help us with whatever we’re struggling with.
We want to be God’s Bridge to you as you take this step toward your personal recovery process… you are not alone… come check it out!
A Call to Prayer for Our Nation…
Tensions on both sides of the political spectrum have been growing exponentially over the past several years. With yesterday’s aggressive protest in Washington D.C., resulting in a breech of our nation’s capital building, it has become obvious just how broken our country has become. As your Pastor, be it known that I do not condone violence or unlawful behavior by any faction. Rule of law must be respected by all people in order to maintain the integrity of our Republic, as well as our collective safety.
2 Chronicles 7:14 provides us our direction in such turbulent times:
“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
Our collective duty, our collective responsibility as Christ Followers is to embrace this Biblical directive. Let’s first take a moment to ensure that our hearts and spirits are being controlled by God and not human emotion. Let’s then unite in fervent prayer for our country, our elected leaders, and our citizens. It could not be more obvious that our country and culture needs our prayers and our leadership as a people of peace. Let’s be a loving, peaceful presence in our response to yesterday’s sad events.
Finally, let’s live-out our mission, “to be God’s bridge to all people, a span across the gap of where they are now to where God created them to be.”
The Bridge Church
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app?
AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.
Do I need to renew AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile renewals happen twice a year to help keep AmazonSmile on mobile app. AmazonSmile will notify you of these renewals via push notifications and through in-app notifications. If you miss a renewal you can reactivate at any time by repeating the steps to “turn on” AmazonSmile on your mobile device. There is no renewal period for browser shopping on AmazonSmile, which you can use anytime by typing ‘smile.amazon.com’ into your browser.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. AmazonSmile will occasionally contact you about donation amounts disbursed to your chosen charity or about the program.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity on your web browser, simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.” You can also visit AmazonSmile under settings on your Amazon Shopping app and select “Change your Charity.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from over one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If your selected charity does not register to participate, becomes ineligible, or requests to be removed from the program, you will have a chance to select a different charity to receive the accrued donations that have not yet been disbursed to your charity. If you do not select a different charity, the accrued donations will be distributed to other organizations receiving donations.
If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?
Go to org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation?
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted by a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile?
Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.