- Help for Haiti
- Leading Ladies
- Wellness Groups
- Financial Peace Universtiy
- Life Recovery Group
- Bridge little ones
- Bridge Kids
- Awana Registration
- Bridge Students
- 33 The Series - Bridge Men
- Social Media Team
- Amazon Smile
- Missions Trip Support
- Hurrican Season Preparedness Guide - Pre & Post Storm
Bridge Haitian Humanitarian Initiative
Our thoughts, hearts, and prayers continue to go out to our Haitian brothers and sisters as they fight back against the 7.2 earthquake that shook Haiti last weekend. In our recent sermon series, “Journey Through James,” we learned that faith without deeds is an incomplete faith.
What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds . . .”
Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says
to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about
his physical needs, what good is it?
Bridge Family… we put our faith to work! Sunday, August 22nd, we received a special offering that will be totally dedicated to relief efforts in Haiti. After this offering, The Bridge Church was able to contribute $20,000 to help Haiti! Congratulations & Thank You Bridge Family!
Some will ask, “It’s great that we are reaching out to the people of Haiti, but will our donations actually be received by our Haitian brothers and sisters or will they be gobbled up by some government bureaucracy?”
I am please to respond that our financial support will be directly managed and administered by two field tested and trustworthy ministries in Haiti: Reciprocal Ministries International (RMI) and Mandodo, a medical missionary organization founded by one of our Bridge Elders. I can assure you that WE WILL make a difference with our love gifts to Haiti!
For those who wish to contribute again in the future, please visit the online giving links below for both organizations.
Let’s join together and show our love to our Haitian neighbors!
It’s Finally Here Again… Leading Ladies… In Person!
Next Saturday, September 25 @ 9:00 am in Adventure Zone
All Ladies Welcome!
Whenever we hear someone say, “whatever” there is usually a shrug of the shoulders that goes along with it and we clearly get the attitude message, “who cares”. It’s a response to anything we don’t like but can’t avoid, indifference or apathy. It’s the verbal shrug of the shoulders.
In Scripture, “whatever” is a term indicating the totality of our commitment to God. “Whatever” appears 173 times in God’s Word and many of the references refer to a wholehearted obedience and being blessed. This study of “whatever” will fill you with confidence in your salvation, allow you to walk confidently in the powerful reality of all that salvation means to you as a faith-filled woman and bring noticeable purpose to your life.
Can’t Wait to See You Saturday!
Wellness Groups Are Beginning Again
New Cycles Begin on Various Dates in September
All of life is a journey—a journey toward who we truly are, a journey toward who God created us to be.
And life’s journey isn’t an easy one … for any of us. We all hit speed bumps, potholes, breakdowns, and roadblocks. Sometimes we get completely off course or end up on a path that leads to a dead end. And it’s at times like that when we need a bridge.
A bridge can take us over all of the pitfalls and get us back on course. A bridge can span the gap from where we are today and where we could be tomorrow. And a bridge can even lift us up and move us forward in ways that we don’t see until after we’ve gone over the bridge.
You can experience all of that … and even more in the Wellness Groups offered here at The Bridge.
Together, we’re experiencing the healing power of God to lift us up and take us beyond the areas of our lives that are broken or weak. Together, we’re discovering that the truth of Jesus connects to every area of our lives and simply makes life better. Jesus is the living bridge, re-connecting us with God through His sacrificial love, His unending grace, and His abundant life.
Through Him, we can move from where we’ve been to where we were meant to be. Where can it they take you…
Learn More About…
GriefShare Wellness Group… 13 Week Sessions
Tuesday Nights @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
New Cycle Beginning September 14
It may be hard for you to feel optimistic about the future right now with so much unrest and uncertainty in our world right now. An then on top of it all, If you’ve lost a spouse, child, family member, or friend, you’ve probably found there are not many people who understand the deep hurt you feel. GriefShare will help you face these challenges and start to move toward rebuilding your life!
We hope you will plan to join us. You don’t have to go through the grieving process alone.
Financial Peace University
Thursdays @ 7:00 pm
Beginning September 23
The average family pays off $5,300 in debt and saves $2,700 within the first 90 days!
Approximately 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, regardless of their income. This means that “broke” has become the new normal in our nation. At the end of the month, many individuals simply have nothing left because of debt and expenses. If this is you, I’ve got good news. You are not alone.
You may be sitting there wishing you could get more financial margin in your life. If you’d like to take control of your money, then listen carefully.
As a church, we want to share a practical plan that can help you discover God’s way of handling money. We want to empower you to get on a budget, get out of debt, save for the future, and take control of your money.
Financial Peace University is that plan. This 9-week class taught by money expert Dave Ramsey can change your financial story in a matter of weeks – and your family tree for generations to come.
Life Recovery Group
Thursday Nights @ 7:00 pm via Zoom
Beginning September 9
Anyone Can Benefit
We believe anyone and everyone can benefit from a Life Recovery experience. We all have struggles in life; struggles with addictions, food, depression, anxiety and relationships to name a few.
Life Recovery is a Biblical approach to the Twelve Steps bringing scriptural principles into personal focus and making them come alive for transformational living.”
Come As You Are
The incredible thing about Christianity is that Jesus does not ask anyone to get their act together before coming to Him—Jesus offers to help us with whatever we’re struggling with. This group can benefit anyone looking for help with addictions, emotional struggles, relational struggles and other life struggles.
We want to be God’s Bridge to you as you take steps toward your personal recovery process. You are not alone. Come check it out.
RESOURCES FOR LITTLE ONES & PARENTS
Hello Bridge Parents,
Can you believe it’s finally August! The time is flying by and while it definitely has been an unconventional kind of summer we are moving forward with our next month of Bible lessons. For this whole month you will have the opportunity to guide your little ones through the teachings about Jonah, Naaman, Josiah, and Gideon. Each story shows a great example of how in the end God’s way is the only way that is 100% the right way every, single time.
I would also like to remind you of our fun, exciting, private little ones at The Bridge Church Facebook page. We’d love to make you part of the group so that you can join in on the fun of daily videos, encouraging posts, craft ideas, and much, much more. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386416731560002/
We hope to see your little one very soon!
Jennifer and your “little ones” team
Verse Hand Motions
Week 1... Jonah
Week 2... Naaman
Week 3... Josiah (Young King)
Week 4... Gideon
ADVENTURE ZONE… SUNDAYS @ 10:30 AM
NEW SERIES “THE ROCK” (will not be available on YouTube)
For Kids Kindergarten – 5th Grade
I am so excited that Adventure Zone is re-open at 10:30 am. If you haven’t joined us in person yet, we hope you will soon… We Miss You!
About our New Series – “The Rock”…
Peter was just an average, ordinary guy. He was a fisherman by trade, and he knew nothing but fishing. That is, until Jesus called him to become a follower.
Peter had to be willing to leave behind everything he had worked his whole life to build. He dropped his nets, left his fishing business, and followed Jesus everywhere He went for the next three years.
In this new series – “The Rock, lessons from the life of Peter” – the children will learn some amazing lessons like that God wants to use average, ordinary people to do BIG things for Him. If they are willing to give up their dreams for God’s dreams and leave their “old life” behind, God can use them to change the world—just as He did with Peter.
I am also excited about our “Family Table Talk” sheets. This is intended to spark family conversation around the dinner table, or devotion time that focus on spiritual things. A new one will come out each month. Please take advantage of them and let us know how they are working for your family.
Praying for you and your kids.
Blessings to you all!
For His Kids,
Bridge Kids Ministry Director
Wednesdays @ 7:00 PM during the school year
Beginning Wednesday, September 8 with a
Parent Orientation & Kids Pizza Blast
for 3 years old – 12th Grade
Please Pre-Register Below
We are super excited to be meeting in person again! We have missed your kids sooooo much! Get your kids pre-registered by clicking on the buttons below & join us on Wednesday, September 8th for the Kids Pizza Blast & Parent Orientation!
Awana is an International Program that helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. Here, kids participate in games, Bible memorization and council time. During the year they have opportunity to join activities like Grand Prix, Bible Quiz, fishing & camping trips, hikes and other special activities.
WE’RE BACK… MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL… Every Sunday @ 10:30 am in the Youth Room
We are so excited to be meeting again on Sundays. We hope will plan to join us!
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL… Every Friday @ 7:00 pm
Please watch this page for updates on Student Opportunities.
Each Friday Night will look different… sometimes we will have a devotional… sometimes we will have worship… sometimes we will just hang out… but, you have to be here to know what’s going on.
It’s really important to have these check-in opportunities and stay connected. One of Satan’s go to tools is isolation, don’t be a victim. Fight back on Friday nights with us.
Bridge Students New Series
Sunday, September 5 – Sunday, September 26
For Middle & High School Students
Meets at 10:30 am in the Youth Room
Intro: In this 4-week series, the stories of Jesus and John the Baptist, and the words of Paul, will help us see why discovering who Jesus is helps us discover who we’re meant to be. Not only is Jesus distinct from anyone who has ever lived, but God made us distinct too, with distinct gifts we can use to serve God and others, and unique distinctions that are worth celebrating.
We hope you will join us!
LIFEgroups JUST BEGAN AGAIN… via ZOOM
If you haven’t connected with a LIFEgroup yet, now is the perfect time. We all need connection, especially these days. And now it’s easier than ever because you don’t even have to leave your home. Due to COVID and social distancing our facilitators will be hosting LIFEgroups via ZOOM until we are able to physically meet again.
As you will see we have many opportunities listed below for you to chose from. We have opportunities for men and women together… just men… just women… moms… engaged and married couples… and Spanish speakers.
We hope you will take this opportunity to connect and grow with your Bridge family. We believe that life together is always better because we weren’t meant to live life alone!
Begins Thursday, September 30 @ 7:00 pm in Person & via Zoom
For Men of All Ages
If you would like to purchase the study guide click here.
“ All of us live in fear of exposure. We don’t want the worst things about us to be known… we posture and wear masks. We establish elaborate facades and hide behind our good deeds. This refusal to be truly known and exposed keeps us stuck in our sin.” – Author David White
Let’s get unstuck together and begin building a “Battleplan” built on God’s grace. There are six sessions in Volume 3: A Man and His Traps:
- Empty Promises
- Battle Plan
- Significance & Comfort
About Authentic Manhood & 33 The Series…
Authentic Manhood is all about setting men up to live lives of truth, passion and purpose. Our resources offer clear and practical Biblical insights on God’s design for manhood that are both refreshing and inspiring. We point men to a gospel-centered vision of life that sets them up to enjoy God’s grace as they pursue the promises of His Word.
Our resources, including the original Men’s Fraternity curriculum created by Dr. Robert Lewis, have influenced millions of men around the world. Our newest resource is “33 The Series.” It is a multi-volume, gospel-centered video series that presents the timeless truths of Authentic Manhood in a powerfully new and engaging way. It includes new insightful teaching, inspiring testimonies, expert interviews and multiple creative features. As a man experiences the different volumes of 33, he will find himself building a vision for Authentic Manhood in his own life that is built on the gospel of Jesus Christ and was modeled by Him in His 33 years on earth.
Volume 1 :: A Man and His Design
Volume 2 :: A Man and His Story
Volume 3 :: A Man and His Traps
Volume 4 :: A Man and His Work
Volume 5 :: A Man and His Marriage
Volume 6 :: A Man and His Fatherhood
Not everyone is meant to Foster or Adopt children, however,
here are few additional ways you can Be The Bridge to Foster Families & Children …
- Consider becoming Foster Parents. There is currently a GREAT need for children who have crossed the border.
- Become a His House Children’s Home Volunteer. (Volunteer on site, sponsor an ice cream night, movie night or even a theme park adventure…)
- Sponsor the summer activities, camps & summer classes as summer is an extra expense for foster families.
- Become an Approved Driver to transport children to and from therapies or court-ordered visits.
- Create Welcome Home Packages with new or very gently used clothing and items for placements.
- Donations of Stuffed animals and toys for the Welcome Baskets
- Meal Delivery for the first week of having a child placed in a new home. Home cooked or ordered via Door Dash or the like. There may also be other times in the life of a Foster Family when meals may be helpful.
- In Home or at School Tutoring for students who are struggling various subjects.
- Approved Volunteer Babysitting for monthly parents night out.
- Meal or Date Night Vouchers for Foster Parents.
- Fund to help with items not covered by Medicaid like contacts & eye glasses. (Limit of 2 eye glasses per year)
- Annual Membership Passes (Family) to places like the Zoo, museums, movies, amusement parks, bowling…
- Gift Cards to use for the child’s birthday or child needs
- Housekeeping/ Laundry services for families with multiple children.
- Furniture Donations – Bike Donations.
- Grief Counselors for Foster Parents and their kids.
- Coverage for After School programs and Summer Camps. Also summer camps equipped to deal with children exposed to trauma.
- Respite Care Support to the Foster Parents. (Temporary to give Foster home a break or vacation. Training Required.)
- Pray for our local shelters, group homes and their staff. COVID has done a number on staff in shelters.
- Pick a Foster Family (like the Feliz Family) and pray for them. This is the most important thing you can do!
NEW… Social Media Team Opportunity
Anyone interested in learning more is welcome.
Do you love taking pictures?
Maybe you are a creative writer who loves storytelling.
Do you love The Bridge Church and have a passion to it share with others?
Do you just LOVE social media and consider it a dream come true to do as a ministry?
Yes, you heard correctly! Social Media can be a ministry… and that’s exactly what we are launching here at The Bridge Church. No previous experience needed… just a desire and willingness to learn!
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app?
AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.
Do I need to renew AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile renewals happen twice a year to help keep AmazonSmile on mobile app. AmazonSmile will notify you of these renewals via push notifications and through in-app notifications. If you miss a renewal you can reactivate at any time by repeating the steps to “turn on” AmazonSmile on your mobile device. There is no renewal period for browser shopping on AmazonSmile, which you can use anytime by typing ‘smile.amazon.com’ into your browser.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. AmazonSmile will occasionally contact you about donation amounts disbursed to your chosen charity or about the program.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity on your web browser, simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.” You can also visit AmazonSmile under settings on your Amazon Shopping app and select “Change your Charity.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from over one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If your selected charity does not register to participate, becomes ineligible, or requests to be removed from the program, you will have a chance to select a different charity to receive the accrued donations that have not yet been disbursed to your charity. If you do not select a different charity, the accrued donations will be distributed to other organizations receiving donations.
If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?
Go to org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation?
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted by a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile?
Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.