LIFE OF FAITH GIRLS CLUB INTRODUCTORY TEA
Saturday, August 26 @ 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
This Tea event is for girls entering 3rd grade – 8th grade and their moms, to introduce them to the goals, purposes and events of the Life of Faith Girls Club. We drink tea out of real china tea cups and have a delicious bunch while getting to know the leaders and other club members.
Kids lives are forever transformed. Volunteers grow as leaders. Families become stronger and churches build community through active involvement in Awana. Our world needs the hope that only Christ gives. God is using Awana to raise up kids, parents and leaders devoted to knowing Scripture, loving Him and reaching others with the gospel!
Sound like something you might want to be a part of? Plan to join us on Wednesday, August 23 to find out what it means to be a Leader in Awana. But first, fill out the Registration form so we know you are coming.
Hurricane Season is Here
It’s official. Hurricane season started June 1st and runs through November 30th and it’s expected to be a busy year. To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.