- Israel Trip
- Church Picnic
- Men's LIFEgroup
- Father/Son Camp-out
- Bridge little ones
- MOPS... Mothers of Preschoolers
- Bridge Kids
- Bridge Students - Camp FUGE
- Wellness Groups
- Love Life House of Refuge
- Social Media Team
- Amazon Smile
- Missions Trip Support
- Hurrican Season Preparedness Guide - Pre & Post Storm
Israel Adventure 2023!
Every Christ follower will be afforded many opportunities to visit the New Jerusalem, when Christ destroys the current heavens and earth and creates the New Heaven and the New Earth (2 Peter 3:10-13).
However, few Christ followers will be afforded an opportunity to visit the current Jerusalem, as well as other exciting biblical sites. This may be YOUR opportunity! Join your Bridge friends and many Bridge staff members for this exciting Holy Land Adventure.
Let’s do Israel!
NEW SESSION BEGINS THURSDAY, JANUARY 19 @ 7:00 pm
LOCATION… YOUTH ROOM
The Bridge Men’s Ministry has an exciting series starting January 19th entitled, Be A Godly Man by Joby Martin.
God has created men to have incredible strength. But today’s culture has hijacked masculinity, distorting strength into passivity and abuse.
In this Bible study series, pastor Joby Martin invites men to embrace God’s definition of masculinity and to step into His calling upon their lives to wield their strength on behalf of others. God has designed men to be protectors, providers, and defenders. When men act like men, everyone flourishes.
The duration of the study will be 7 sessions.
The study is a seven (7) week activity beginning on January 19th. 5 sessions will occur simultaneously in-person at the church and via Zoom on Thursday nights at 7pm. The sessions on February 2nd and March 2nd will be in-person only and focus on specific individual needs and questions from those in attendance.
For those attending virtually, the meeting link will be sent out each week via email.
Friday, February 17 – Saturday, February 18
Greynolds Park in North Miami
This is an overnight campout for boys 3rd grade through 8th grade and their Father/Father Stand-in. Other ages allowed with permission from leader. The camp is held at the Greynolds Park Camp site where we sleep in cabins.
The cost is $30 per Father/Son group and $5 for an extra boy. This includes dinner, breakfast, and s’mores around the campfire! As well as lots of fun activities.
The bus leaves the church at 4:45 pm February 17, 2023,
and gets back around 1:00 pm February 18, 2023 .
LIFEgroups Are Beginning Again…
If you haven’t connected with a LIFEgroup yet, now is the perfect time. We all need connection, especially these days.
As you will see we have many opportunities listed below for you to chose from. We have opportunities for men and women together… just men… just women… moms… engaged and married couples… Spanish speakers… and Prime Timers (50+).
We hope you will take this opportunity to connect and grow with your Bridge family. We believe that life together is always better because we weren’t meant to live life alone!
Hi Parents and Kids,
The summer with all it’s camps is over, and now it is time to get ready for AWANA! Awana begins in less than a month (August 31st). I am so excited, and so are all the leaders. Kids need Jesus, other kids, and fun, and that is what Awana gives them. Game time, Bible time, special Theme nights, fun events like Awana Grand Prix and camp outs. You won’t want to miss a minute.
On the first night of Awana we will start with a Pizza Blast and Parent Orientation in the FLC at 7:00 pm. This is an important night because the kids receive their new Awana books, and parents get to meet the leaders and find out more about what the year holds. There will ne NO PAPER registrations on that night, so please register before-hand.
Parents, we always welcome new Awana Leaders. If you would like to become an Awana Leader, there is a sign-up for you too 🙂
Hope to see you all there!
Children’s Ministry Director
The Bridge Church
Infants – 4 years old
Sunday Morning @ 10:30 am
Hello Bridge Parents,
We want to welcome all the little ones of The Bridge Church to join us each weekend in a fun, safe, nurturing environment where each little one can be introduced to the love of Jesus through the love of our wonderful volunteer staff.
Here, the children have their very own space to play and learn on their level while you experience a much needed time of refreshment and spiritual growth.
Our goal is to greet each child by name as we welcome them each week with smiles and excitement. They will ultimately look forward to coming to their very own class each week.
I would also like to remind you of our fun, exciting, private little ones at The Bridge Church Facebook page. We’d love to make you part of the group so that you can join in on the fun of daily videos, encouraging posts, craft ideas, and much, much more. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386416731560002/
We hope to see your little one very soon!
Jennifer and your “little ones” team
Learn more about our curriculum and what to expect when you bring your Little One!
Find video lessons, songs, and more on our Little Ones Playlist on YouTube!
MOPS… Mothers of Preschoolers
Meet 2 Fridays a Month
Location… The Bridge Church Adventure Zone
Childcare is Available… follow the MOPS signs!
THIS YEAR IS FOR THE ONES WHO ARE READY TO COME ALIVE AGAIN
This year is for the ones who are ready to come alive again. So many of us feel a little numb. We’ve each lost something or felt disappointed over the past few years and now we are needing a new way to move forward. We need a fresh start.
Some men came carrying a paralyzed man on a mat and tried to take him into the house to lay him before Jesus. When they could not find a way to do this because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on his mat through the tiles into the middle of the crowd, right in front of Jesus. When Jesus saw their faith, he said, “Friend, your sins are forgiven.”
LUKE 5:18-20, NIV
ADVENTURE ZONE… SUNDAYS @ 10:30 AM
For Kids Kindergarten – 5th Grade
The moment your child walks through the door of Adventure Zone they will experience the excitement of a ministry that is designed specifically with kids in mind, from the newly renovated child friendly decor, to the friendly Children’s ministry partners. Through the high energy worship music, the attention grabbing puppets, and heart-directed Bible lessons, they will learn that knowing and living for Jesus is a great adventure. We want to be the bridge that leads your child to a real and relevant relationship with Jesus Christ.
Adventure Zone breaks into three groups: Kindergarten, 1st – 3rd grade and the Tweens (4th and 5th grade) each group reaching their specific age needs.
Our motto is… “Partnering with parents in leading kids to Jesus Christ, teaching them to worship Him, walk with Him, willingly serve Him and win their friends to Him.”
Click to check out these Upcoming Bridge Kid’s Events…
Bridge Students Weekly Opportunities…
Bridge Middle & High School Students Meet:
Fridays @ 7:00 – 9:45 pm in the Gym
Sundays @ 10:30 am in the Youth Room
FUGE CAMP IGNITE STUDENTS
Monday, June 26 – Sunday, July 2
Ridgecrest Conference Center in Ridgecrest, North Carolina
The Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky
Total Camp Cost: $370
Includes: Camp, Lodging, All Meals, All Activities, Transportation by Chartered Bus, The Ark Encounter Excursion and a Camp T-Shirt
Deposit to Reserve Spot: $75 (nonrefundable) Due by Mon. February 6
2nd Payment $99 Due: Mon. March 6
3rd Payment $98 Due: Sat. May 6
Final Payment $98 Due: Tues. June 6
About Fuge Camp…
At Centrifuge, students are divided into groups for recreation and Bible study based on age ranges by grade completed. Recreation is facilitated within Bible study groups by a member of our trained FUGE camp staff, who also leads the Bible study. Each activity serves a specific purpose and is debriefed so students can make application in their lives.
Students also participate in Track Times. Track Times are created to give students the opportunity to participate in something with which they are familiar, or try something new! Students are divided into “tracks” based on a list of activities they indicate during the registration process. We offer creative, active, performance, and classroom-based activities during these times, and each track is led by a member of the FUGE staff.
Ridgecrest Conference Center is a 1,300-acre Christian conference center located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in western North Carolina.
Ark Encounter Excursion…
This year our post-camp excursion will be to the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky. We will leave camp on Saturday, July 1 and travel to Kentucky (approximately 6 hours) from there we will travel home driving overnight again.
Wellness Groups Are Beginning Again
New Cycles Begin on Various Dates in February
All of life is a journey—a journey toward who we truly are, a journey toward who God created us to be.
And life’s journey isn’t an easy one … for any of us. We all hit speed bumps, potholes, breakdowns, and roadblocks. Sometimes we get completely off course or end up on a path that leads to a dead end. And it’s at times like that when we need a bridge.
A bridge can take us over all of the pitfalls and get us back on course. A bridge can span the gap from where we are today and where we could be tomorrow. And a bridge can even lift us up and move us forward in ways that we don’t see until after we’ve gone over the bridge.
You can experience all of that … and even more in the Wellness Groups offered here at The Bridge.
Together, we’re experiencing the healing power of God to lift us up and take us beyond the areas of our lives that are broken or weak. Together, we’re discovering that the truth of Jesus connects to every area of our lives and simply makes life better. Jesus is the living bridge, re-connecting us with God through His sacrificial love, His unending grace, and His abundant life.
Through Him, we can move from where we’ve been to where we were meant to be. Where can it they take you…
Learn More About…
Not everyone is meant to Foster or Adopt children, however,
here are few additional ways you can Be The Bridge to Foster Families & Children …
- Consider becoming Foster Parents. There is currently a GREAT need for children who have crossed the border.
- Become a His House Children’s Home Volunteer. (Volunteer on site, sponsor an ice cream night, movie night or even a theme park adventure…)
- Sponsor the summer activities, camps & summer classes as summer is an extra expense for foster families.
- Become an Approved Driver to transport children to and from therapies or court-ordered visits.
- Create Welcome Home Packages with new or very gently used clothing and items for placements.
- Donations of Stuffed animals and toys for the Welcome Baskets
- Meal Delivery for the first week of having a child placed in a new home. Home cooked or ordered via Door Dash or the like. There may also be other times in the life of a Foster Family when meals may be helpful.
- In Home or at School Tutoring for students who are struggling various subjects.
- Approved Volunteer Babysitting for monthly parents night out.
- Meal or Date Night Vouchers for Foster Parents.
- Fund to help with items not covered by Medicaid like contacts & eye glasses. (Limit of 2 eye glasses per year)
- Annual Membership Passes (Family) to places like the Zoo, museums, movies, amusement parks, bowling…
- Gift Cards to use for the child’s birthday or child needs
- Housekeeping/ Laundry services for families with multiple children.
- Furniture Donations – Bike Donations.
- Grief Counselors for Foster Parents and their kids.
- Coverage for After School programs and Summer Camps. Also summer camps equipped to deal with children exposed to trauma.
- Respite Care Support to the Foster Parents. (Temporary to give Foster home a break or vacation. Training Required.)
- Pray for our local shelters, group homes and their staff. COVID has done a number on staff in shelters.
- Pick a Foster Family (like the Feliz Family) and pray for them. This is the most important thing you can do!
The House of Refuge Statement
“The Bridge Church is a House of Refuge; this applies to everyone in this church or people you know that need a place of Refuge.
Here’s what we believe:
If you find yourself in an unplanned pregnancy, please know that being pregnant is not a sin, and the child you carry is not a punishment; it is a blessing. God is knitting this child in your womb. You may have made a sinful decision that led to this pregnancy, or you may have even been sinned against, but we want you to know you are loved, and we will do whatever it takes to help you carry and care for this precious child before and after birth.
We can never support or encourage a woman to have an abortion because the child you carry is made in the image of God and is intrinsically valuable and loved by God. You need to know how we will respond.
Here’s what we won’t do:
This church family will not gossip about you, shame you, or abandon you. This is a House of Refuge, and we will not allow for the family of God to harm one another with words or actions contrary to the Love of God as revealed in his Word.
Here’s what we will do:
We will do everything in our power to remove whatever obstacles stand in the way of you having this child. There are people in this church ready to mentor you, throw you a baby shower, and connect you with resources inside and outside of our church (local pregnancy care center). We will also hold men accountable for living out their calling to provide and protect women and children.
Finally, if you have ever had an abortion in your past, we want you to know that abortion is not an unforgivable sin. Whoever confesses and forsakes their sin finds mercy. If you have never gone through a post-abortion Bible study, we will be happy to connect you to one so that you can walk in complete healing and freedom.
NEW… Social Media Team Opportunity
Anyone interested in learning more is welcome.
Do you love taking pictures?
Maybe you are a creative writer who loves storytelling.
Do you love The Bridge Church and have a passion to it share with others?
Do you just LOVE social media and consider it a dream come true to do as a ministry?
Yes, you heard correctly! Social Media can be a ministry… and that’s exactly what we are launching here at The Bridge Church. No previous experience needed… just a desire and willingness to learn!
What is AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. AmazonSmile is available at smile.amazon.com on your web browser and can be activated in the Amazon Shopping app for iOS and Android phones. When you shop at AmazonSmile, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added benefit that AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your eligible purchases to the charitable organization of your choice. You can choose from over one million organizations to support.
How do I shop at AmazonSmile?
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com on your web browser or activate AmazonSmile on your Amazon Shopping app on your iOS or Android phone (found under settings on your app). On your browser, you may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile. When you’re using the app, always check for the “AmazonSmile” logo to ensure you’re activated for AmazonSmile.
How do I activate AmazonSmile on my Amazon Shopping app?
AmazonSmile customers on Android devices with version 5.0+ or iOS devices with version 12+, who have upgraded to the latest version of the Amazon Shopping app can find “AmazonSmile” listed in the Settings menu. From there, you can follow onboarding instructions to activate AmazonSmile on your device.
Do I need to renew AmazonSmile?
AmazonSmile renewals happen twice a year to help keep AmazonSmile on mobile app. AmazonSmile will notify you of these renewals via push notifications and through in-app notifications. If you miss a renewal you can reactivate at any time by repeating the steps to “turn on” AmazonSmile on your mobile device. There is no renewal period for browser shopping on AmazonSmile, which you can use anytime by typing ‘smile.amazon.com’ into your browser.
Which products on AmazonSmile are eligible for charitable donations?
Tens of millions of products on AmazonSmile are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages. Recurring Subscribe-and-Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible.
Can I use my existing Amazon.com account on AmazonSmile?
Yes, you use the same account on Amazon.com and AmazonSmile. Your shopping cart, Wish List, wedding or baby registry, and other account settings are also the same.
How do I select a charitable organization to support when shopping on AmazonSmile?
On your first visit to smile.amazon.com, you need to select a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. We will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make through AmazonSmile will result in a donation. AmazonSmile will occasionally contact you about donation amounts disbursed to your chosen charity or about the program.
Can I change my charity?
Yes, you can change your charity any time. Your AmazonSmile purchases after the change count towards your newly selected charity. To change your charity on your web browser, simply select “Change your Charity” in “Your Account.” You can also visit AmazonSmile under settings on your Amazon Shopping app and select “Change your Charity.”
What charities can I choose from?
You can choose from over one million eligible 501(c)(3) public charitable organizations.
What if my selected charity does not register to participate in the AmazonSmile program or becomes ineligible?
If your selected charity does not register to participate, becomes ineligible, or requests to be removed from the program, you will have a chance to select a different charity to receive the accrued donations that have not yet been disbursed to your charity. If you do not select a different charity, the accrued donations will be distributed to other organizations receiving donations.
If I represent a charitable organization, how can I learn more about registering my organization for AmazonSmile?
Go to org.amazon.com to learn how to register your organization to receive donations.
How much of my purchase does Amazon donate?
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases. The purchase price is the amount paid for the item minus any rebates and excluding shipping & handling, gift-wrapping fees, taxes, or service charges. From time to time, we may offer special, limited time promotions that increase the donation amount on one or more products or services or provide for additional donations to charitable organizations. Special terms and restrictions may apply. Please see the relevant promotion for complete details.
What is the AmazonSmile Foundation?
The AmazonSmile Foundation is a 501(c)(3) private foundation created by Amazon to administer the AmazonSmile program. All donation amounts generated by the AmazonSmile program are remitted by a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. to the AmazonSmile Foundation. In turn, the AmazonSmile Foundation donates those amounts to the charitable organizations selected by our customers. Amazon pays all expenses of the AmazonSmile Foundation; they are not deducted from the donation amounts generated by purchases on AmazonSmile.
Can I receive a tax deduction for amounts donated from my purchases on AmazonSmile?
Donations are made by the AmazonSmile Foundation and are not tax deductible by you.
How can I learn more about AmazonSmile?
Please see complete AmazonSmile program details.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.