- Bridge Women Kick-off
- AWANA Kids Clubs
- Life of Faith Girls Club
- Ignite Students Back to School Bash
- More Than Words Conference
- Ladies Morning LIFEgroup: Believing God
- Men's Opportunities
- Missions Trip Support
- Pray for the Persecuted
- Operation Christmas Child
- Good News Club
- Hurrican Season Preparedness Guide - Pre & Post Storm
2019-20 Women’s Ministry Kick-off Event
Saturday, August 24 @ 9:00 am in Adventure Zone
RSVP Required Please
We are inviting all Bridge Ladies to attend, including our NextGen young women. We sincerely desire to connect with all our ladies and build programs and events that are fun, meaningful and worthy of your time investment!
Come share your feedback, hear about upcoming events and let’s brainstorm together… a continental breakfast will be served.
Please complete the RSVP even if you cannot attend. There are a couple of questions we ask in the RSVP form to help us get to know you and your needs better! We appreciate your time!
AWANA CLUBS… for Kids 3 years old – 8th Grade
Wednesday @ 7:00 pm… Beginning August 21 Parent Orientation & Pizza Blast
Awana is an International Program that helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. Here, kids participate in games, Bible memorization, and council time. During the year they have opportunity to join activities like Grand Prix, fishing & camping trips, hikes, and other special activities. If you like kids clubs like Brownies and Scouts… you will LOVE Awana.
A LIFE OF FAITH GIRLS CLUB INTRODUCTORY TEA
Begins Saturday, August 31 @ 10:00 am in Adventure Zone
Come and meet Elsie, Millie, Violet, Laylie and Kathleen – our girls club heroines, and learn more about this inspiring club for girls. There will also be a drawing for some fabulous club items. If you are a current club member, you still need to reserve your spot of tea! This event is for girls 3rd grade – 8th grade and their moms/ grandmothers/mom-stand-in.
About Girls Club…
A Life of Faith Girls Club is a once a month club for girls in 3rd – 8th grade.
Based on the Elsie Dinsmore and Millie Keith books by Mission Press, this very special club teaches young girls on the brink of womanhood to daily live a life of faith. The club also sponsors events such as tea parties for moms and their daughters, and Father/Daughter Date night!
IGNITE STUDENTS BACK TO SCHOOL BASH 2019
Friday, August 23 @ 7:00 pm – Saturday, August 24 @ 8:00 am
The Ignite Youth of The Bridge Church are headed back to school with some positive reinforcements and a whole lot of fun! You don’t want to miss this great opportunity for all middle and high school students!
We will have some overnight fun at our lock-in at Ninja Lounge at Deezerland Park Miami. Ninja Lounge is a state-of-the-art sports and recreational facility. They feature several challenging and exciting attractions 10,000 square feet of trampoline space with 2 dodge ball courts, 3 basketball hoops, elevated rope courses, wall climbing, and a Tumble Trak for jumping and flipping. The all-inclusive cost of $25 per student will cover food and fun at Ninja Lounge…. includes 1 hour of unlimited game play in their massive arcade.
With plenty of fun and challenging attractions to choose from, the fun is inevitable. For an additional $10 students can enjoy Go Carts and Bumper Cars @ their brand new indoor go-cart center.
Following Ninja Lounge students will take part in fun and games at the church, followed up by a movie and pajama party w/ popcorn and excitement. A grand prize will be given to the student with the most creative pajamas.
We will serve a full course breakfast with an empowering message followed up by pastor B regarding the importance of reaping Jesus Christ this school year. We hope to see you there.
MORE THAN WORDS YOUTH CONFERENCE… Bridge Students Event
Friday, November 8- Saturday, November 9 in Bradenton, FL
Limited Spots: $65.00 per student incudes the Conference, Lodging and Transportation.
Please plan to send extra money with your student for food.
Registration Deadline: Monday, September 30th
Departure: Friday, November 8th @ 12:00 PM
The mission of this conference is to empower this generation to live a life of faith, with More Than Words. We are passionate about making disciples that will make disciples, through teaching of the scriptures, we build, equip, and send. Thousands have discovered their purpose and potential at More Than Words Conference.
As result, people are unlocking the blueprint of their lives. We provide a Christ-centered atmosphere for all to worship God & learn from world-renown leaders. Expect to encounter God in a real way, that will change the direction of your life forever.
1 Corinthians 4:20
The Bridge Church has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs, alcohol, fighting, PDA, profanity, and bullying. Anyone who causes problems or violates any of our policies will be asked to leave without refund. We will always maintain a safe environment for our students. You can feel safe leaving your well-behaved child with us.
We also have Ignite T-Shirts available if you want to purchase a t-shirt and wear it for this event! Shirts are also available any Sunday at our Resource Corner in the Church Foyer!
LADIES MORNING LIFEgroup… Believing God by Beth Moore
Beginning Wednesday, August 28 @ 9:30 am – Nursery Available
The bride of Jesus Christ in our generation is nearly paralyzed by unbelief. God is calling His bride to a fresh and lavish anointing of faith. This in-depth study examines the lives of Abraham, Moses, and others as examples of persons who believed God.
A Note from Beth Moore: “God confronted me with the truth that though I had believed in Him for many years, I had hardly begun to believe Him. He made something clear to me that He has sent me forth to say to you: God is so much more than we have yet acknowledged and experienced. He is capable of tremendously more than we have witnessed. I have become utterly convinced that we see so little primarily because we believe Him for so little. Here’s the great news: God wants to change all that!”
BRIDGE MEN CONNECT… SUMMER SERIES
Begins Thursday, May 23 @ 7:00 pm in Adventure Zone
$5 per person recommended donation
Join Mariano Rivera, the Acho Brothers, Propaganda, a former Navy Seal and many others in these 10 thought provoking films focused on real people facing real life challenges… it’s Awesome. CORE Series 1 is a tool that will give a man connection with his brothers, permission to be real, confidence in who he is, and vision for what he’s for.
Each night is a stand alone topic such as… Called… Transformation… Redemption… Restoration… Purpose… Brotherhood… Choices… Pain… Identity… Suffering… don’t miss out!
Snacks and Refreshments will be provided.
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Haiti Trip… December 7 – 14, 2018
Austria… May 1 – 10, 2019
Ecuador… July 11 – 19, 2018
South Africa Trip… October 2019
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Millions of Christians around the world are persecuted for their faith daily. From Pakistan to Kazakhstan, Nigeria to North Korea, Christians routinely face discrimination, harassment, violence and even death for their faith in Jesus. Their suffering is unimaginable.
The Bible in Hebrews 13:3 command Christians to pray for those suffering as if they themselves were suffering. In other words, the Bible calls us to not only remember those who suffer but also to identify with them in their suffering. In keeping with this scriptural command, the International Days of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (IDOP) has united millions of Christians in prayer for the suffering Body of Christ around the world. After all, as the Bible says: If one suffers, we all suffer.
Over the years, the IDOP has served as a platform to highlight the stories of persecuted Christians and mobilise the global Church to respond to their plight. Moreover, in so doing, the IDOP has also been a source of solidarity and encouragement to persecuted Christians by reminding them that they are part of a larger, global family of believers.
We believe that God uses the prayers of his people to strengthen and deliver suffering saints. However, in order to pray for these suffering brothers and sisters, we must first listen to their stories. In other words, we must hear their cry.
We invite you, therefore, to join us this year on 4th and 11th November as we unite globally to pray for the persecuted. Let’s pray that in spite of the pressure and persecution, our suffering brothers and sisters –where ever they may be in the world — would stand firm in their faith, hold fast to the promises of God, and live victoriously in Christ.
World Evangelical Alliance, Religious Liberty Commission (WEA RLC)
OPERATION CHRISTMAS CHILD
The Amazing Journey of a Simple Shoebox Gift begins with You and Results in Evangelism, Discipleship, and Multiplication!
Now – Sunday, November 11, you will have the opportunity to fill a shoebox for a little boy or girl with a medium to large “wow” item such as a soccer ball with pump or stuffed animal, then fill with other fun toys, hygiene items, and school supplies… donate $9 online for shipping and “follow your box”.
Printed shoeboxes may be picked up in the Church Foyer on Sundays while supplies last. However, you are welcome to use any shoebox or plastic shoebox bin.
Once your shoebox is complete, drop it off in the Church Foyer any Sunday Morning or Wednesday Evening before Sunday, November 11.
New This Year! If you are unable to build a complete box, please consider donating individual items we can use to complete boxes that are not full. We want to make sure each child receives a really well stocked box and you can help us do that! Thank you in advance!
If you are interested in being part of the OCC Team, please click on the button below! You can help us:
- 1. Man the table in the Foyer… receive boxes, help answer questions, help store the boxes after the 12:00 service…
- 2. Join our Box Sorting & Loading party on Sunday November 11… We have to inspect every box and prepare them for the processing center. We will also load the trailer so it’s ready for delivery on the following Wednesday.
Good News Club for Elementary Students of Somerset Academy 1st – 5th Grade
Begins Thursday, October 25, 2018 after school in Adventure Zone
Good News Club is where your children will learn about the love of God and just how special they are to Him. It is run by volunteers who love kids and are carefully screened and trained. Parental permission is a must. We cannot accept any children who have not been signed up by a parent/guardian.
Hope you will join us!
1st – 2nd grade
After school – 4:00 pm
Meet in Adventure Zone… Pick up from Living Room
(Living Room Entrance is by the playground.)
3rd – 5th grade
After school – 4:30 pm
in Adventure Zone next to the school office.
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.