PRESCHOOL FAMILY EXPERIENCE
Saturday, January 25 @ 10:00 am in Adventure Zone
You are invited to POWER UP, a special free event created just for you and the preschooler in your life!
We are over-the-top excited to announce that we have planned a very special day for you and your preschooler to have fun together while learning about the best friend we will ever have—JESUS! We have designed everything from start to finish with your preschooler in mind. Here’s what you need to know!
POWER UP is a one-hour free event where you:
– sing with JOY on a cake walk
– wait PATIENTLY to get your face painted
– practice KINDNESS in a bouncy house
– GENTLY toss beanbags into a basket
– and SO much MORE! …all with your preschooler!
1st ANNUAL IGNITE GIRLS VISION PARTY
Saturday, January 25 @ 12:30 am – 3:00 pm in the Youth Room
Interactive fellowship designed to connect and encourage young women to live in community with like-minded young ladies to mentally and spiritually prepare all God has in store for each one of us this 2020! Girl Friends and Moms are welcome to attend with their daughters as well. This activity is designed to help jump start 2020 goals helping those who’ve dream it, better see it, plan it and do it!
Lite Refreshments will be served
Vision Board Supplies will be included
*Feel free to bring magazines and personal pictures to help better personalize your board
LEADING LADIES SEMINAR
Saturday, February 1 @ 9:00 am in Adventure Zone
Today’s Christian woman is so busy handling the challenges of day-to-day life that the everyday activities and roles can sometimes leave us exhausted and overwhelmed. But those challenges can also be transformed into moments of growth and nourishment.
Leading ladies is designed to help women make everyday life fuller, richer and deeper. The sessions will introduce you to spiritual practices that will enable every woman to focus on discovering the heart of God and offer tools to renew and reinvigorate every area of daily life. God gives meaning to our lives, purpose to everything we do, and energy to thrive.
This Year’s Theme for Leading Ladies is… “Live Unlocked”
Life is meant to be lived with great purpose for each of us. We are given keys to use to keep life unlocked, free, open and flowing with vitality and enthusiasm. But life in this world gets messy. Our locks sometimes get rusty, difficult to open and sometimes they need a little “locksmithing”.
Everyone’s keychain is customized to their life needs.
Live life unlocked daily…
- … Change your view of the impact you can make
- … Transform destructive cycles into a powerful legacy that will impact others
- … Release the potential in yourself
- … Don’t be undermined- change your thinking
- … Re-imagine & commit to your life
Save-the-Date for our Last Session:
Saturday, April 4, 2020
FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
Thursday, February 6 @ 7:00 pm in the Living Room
$50 per person/couple which is a 50% savings when you use the discount code in the Registration Form.
The average family pays off $5,300 in debt and saves $2,700 within the first 90 days!
Approximately 70% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck, regardless of their income. This means that “broke” has become the new normal in our nation.
At the end of the month, many individuals simply have nothing left because of debt and expenses. If this is you, I’ve got good news. You are not alone.
You may be sitting there wishing you could get more financial margin in your life. If you’d like to take control of your money, then listen carefully.
As a church, we want to share a practical plan that can help you discover God’s way of handling money. We want to empower you to get on a budget, get out of debt, save for the future, and take control of your money.
Financial Peace University is that plan. This 9-week class taught by money expert Dave Ramsey can change your financial story in a matter of weeks – and your family tree for generations to come.
WELLNESS GROUPS at THE BRIDGE CHURCH
New Sessions Beginning…
GriefShare in the Living Room – Begins Tuesday, February 4 @ 7:00 pm
DivorceCare in Room A110 – Begins Tuesday, February 4 @ 7:00 pm
Single & Parenting in Room A108 – Begins Tuesday, February 4 @ 7:00 pm
Financial Peace University – Begins Thursday, February 6 @ 7:00pm
Whether your loss is recent or you have unresolved issues that have been causing you pain for years, come and find out what these Bible Based, Christ-centered programs have to offer you to help you on your journey through grief, divorce and financial freedom!
7 CHALLENGES MEN ENCOUNTER
Begins Thursday, January 16 @ 7:00 pm in Adventure Zone
Daily it’s getting more challenging to be a man. Our present culture is redefining manhood and confusing men in their pursuit of Biblical manhood. But how will you respond? What will you say and do when the world demands a response?
Discover how to respond by rejecting passivity, accepting responsibility, leading courageously, loving unconditionally, living with integrity, serving humbly, and investing eternally. Let others see masculinity and manhood through the lens of Christ in your life with these seven characteristics and become a better man, husband, father, and leader.
HIGH SCHOOL SUMMER CAMP – FUGE – RIDGCREST CONFERENCE CENTER, NC
Registration Fee Due by January 1: $60.00
We are going back to FUGE Camp in Ridgecrest, NC this summer. We will be creating a payment plan, but you can secure your spot by paying the $60.00 Registration Fee. Spots will be limited. First come, first serve.
The relationship between God and man was broken by our sin but has been restored through Christ. Because of this, we can draw near to God, enjoy fellowship and relationship with Him and experience His ultimate peace and rest. In our culture, we have so many things grabbing our attention such as our phones, devices, social media and social expectations. Along with the pressures of school and other activities, we often find ourselves overwhelmed, drained and feeling empty.
Join us for FUGE Camps 2020 as we discover how to dwell with God, rest in His presence, push past distractions and focus on His peace. Spending time with the Lord changes everything!
NEW FosterLIFE WELLNESS GROUP
No one can do Everything… but Everyone can do Something! Not everyone is meant to Foster or Adopt children, but everyone can do something… bring a meal to a foster family… provide some needed supplies to a foster/adoptive home… become a respite parent… volunteer at a children’s home like His House… and everyone can pray for children to be placed in a loving home!
FosterLIFE is going to be a wellness group that comes alongside foster and adoptive families and children to provide connection, community and support… we want them to know they are not alone in this journey. If you are interested in being part of the solution, please click on the button below to get involved.
Thank you in advance!
MISSIONS TRIP SUPPORT
Thank you so much for your contribution to The Bridge Church International Missions Efforts. Without you, these trips would not be possible. Please know that by giving, you become part of our Team.
Ecuador… South Africa… Haiti… Trinidad…
Some Pray… Some Give… Some Go… We are all an intricate part of The Bridge!
Please continue to pray for our teams as we continue go where the Lord leads!
“Whatever It Takes!”
Raising Support… $
Each team member is responsible to raise their own support for the cost of the trip which includes: airfare; transportation; lodging and food. We also hold some fund raisers to raise money for the team project.
You can be a part of our team by:
- Praying for us as we travel and minister to God’s people across the Globe.
- Giving a monetary gift of any amount will help us reach our Goal. By Clicking on the Button below, you can give to an individual team member or to the general fund of the trip you wish to support.
These trips are life changing events for individuals… the team… and the people we serve.
Whatever gift you are able to give will be greatly appreciated!
Good News Club for Elementary Students of Somerset Academy 1st – 5th Grade
Begins Thursday, October 3, 2019 after school in Adventure Zone
Good News Club is where your children will learn about the love of God and just how special they are to Him. It is run by volunteers who love kids and are carefully screened and trained. Parental permission is a must. We cannot accept any children who have not been signed up by a parent/guardian.
Hope you will join us!
1st – 2nd grade
After school – 4:00 pm
Meet in Adventure Zone… Pick up from Living Room
(Living Room Entrance is by the playground.)
3rd – 5th grade
After school – 4:30 pm
in Adventure Zone next to the school office.
Hurricane Season Pre-Storm Helps
To assist with hurricane preparations:
- Review the Broward County Hurricane Preparedness Guide.
- Review the City of Miramar Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Review the Pembroke Pines Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Visit our comprehensive Hurricane website. Our Emergency Checklists are a great way to ensure you have a family plan, appropriate shelter supplies, pet supplies, and emergency kit.
- Check out Broward’s A-Z Planner with links to detailed information on more than 60 topics, from airports and animals to water and windows.
- Encourage family and friends to subscribe to Broward County Emergency Updates, important public safety information delivered via email before, during and after an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter at ReadyBroward and like us on Facebook at BrowardEMD.
- Bookmark Report Home Damage on your smartphone or other mobile device so you can report damage to your home and help first responders assess damage in the immediate aftermath of a storm.
- Call the Broward County Call Center at 311, or 954.831.4000, for updates and general hurricane preparedness information.
- Watch for details about the County’s new emergency notification system, AlertBroward, coming in July.
Hurricane Season Post-Storm Helps
To assist with post hurricane issues:
As Floridians continue the process of digging out from the storm, I want to share with you some tips and resources for Hurricane Irma Recovery.
Resident Assistance: The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has added Broward County to the list of counties eligible for individual assistance. That means homeowners with damage that is documented can apply for funding from FEMA.
- Register at DisasterAssistance.gov for information and services from the government on the aid that may be available to you, including transitional sheltering assistance.
- Residents without internet access can use the computers at Broward County libraries to register for FEMA Individual Assistance.
- You can also contact FEMA’s Helpline (800) 621-3362 (voice, 711/VRS-Video Relay Service) (TTY: (800) 462-7585).
- Your local Red Cross chapter can also help you with food, shelter, and personal goods.
- You can also find assistance through United Way.
- Check with your insurance agent before hiring anyone to work on your property.
- Make sure you have the right kind of coverage to file a claim related to storm damage.
- Be sure to take pictures of the damage to your property before cleaning it up.
- To check on your policy through the National Flood Insurance Program, contact your insurance agent. You can also call 1-800-621-FEMA and select “option 2” learn more and be directed to the right place to file your claim.
- Keep any eye for people who may try to be using this unstable time as a way to swindle unsuspecting victims.
- Con artists asking for up-front payments, offering suspiciously large discounts, or claiming to be government agents are all commonplace after a storm like Irma.
- Be wary of phone calls from entities claiming to be charities. Real charities do not usually ask for donations over the phone or have names that sound like governmental departments.
- Do not give your money or personal information out over the phone.
- If someone is pressuring you with a “limited time offer” chances are it is a scam. Always check out offers with a trusted advisor such as an attorney before agreeing to terms with anyone.
Other Important Tips:
- Touch base with your mortgage lender. Just because your home was damaged does not mean you can skip a payment. However, your mortgage lender might work with you to pause payments given the situation. If you do not know who holds your mortgage, check the Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems or call 888-679-6377.
- You also still must pay your credit card bills. If you do not think you will be able to do so, contact your credit card company before the next payment comes due.
- If your home is currently uninhabitable, contact your power company and ask that your service be suspended. This will save you money while you sort out your situation.
- Veterans who need help with shelter or their medications can call 1-800-507-4571 to speak with someone at the VA. Veterans can also check the VA website specifically dedicated to Hurricane Irma for more information.